• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Coffee Time with LYFT with your host, SHAZ

Did you get a Coffee Invite?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • I would never have Coffee with LYFT anyway

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Did anyone else get one of these invites on the LYFT platform (via their texting alerts?)
I got one, but Leslieville on a Tuesday daytime is not going to happen for me.
Apparently they are targetted focus groups on both incentive structure and community building.
Hosted via the Global Ops manager, Shaz Umer, although I don't know if that person will actual be present.

Either way, if someone goes to one of these, please do tell how it plays out.

IMG_6612.jpg

Did anyone else get one of these invites on the LYFT platform (via their texting alerts?)
Apparently they are targetted focus groups on both incentive structure and community building.
Hosted via the Global Ops manager, Shaz Umer, although I don't know if that person will actual be present.

View attachment 278408
How many rides have you done to get this?

Uberchampion

View attachment 278408
I got one. Not sure if I can attend. It's obvious they dont respect our time by giving a days notice

Kurt Halfyard

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well. I just had a 1:1, 90+ minute coffee and discussion with Shaz Umer today. I learned a lot of things about LYFT and how their App is developed, and communication between Operations, Engineers, and Strategy.

Still no car seat implementation.

Had long discussion about Destination Filters, The See-Destination-90% stupidity, and streaks that are longer than 3 rides...

I suggested that they move the Hub from Yorkville to Queensway/Islington (Near Cineplex) where it would be far more accessible to drivers (you know, the people that the HUB is supposed to serve...) by 2 highways, TTC, and Free Parking.

I can also assure you that the TORONTO LYFT staff are reading these pages.

Uberchampion

Well. I just had a 1:1, 90+ minute coffee and discussion with Shaz Umer today. I learned a lot of things about LYFT and how their App is developed, and communication between Operations, Engineers, and Strategy.

Had long discussion about Destination Filters, The See-Destination-90% stupidity, and streaks that are longer than 3 rides...

I suggested that they move the Hub from Yorkville to Queensway/Islington (Near Cineplex) where it would be far more accessible to drivers (you know, the people that the HUB is supposed to serve...) by 2 highways, TTC, and Free Parking.

Any explanation about the PTC issue they had and why they couldn't be bothered to show us the slightest bit of respect by sending some sort of communications out?

I was deactivated 13 days total and I had to go to the office to initiate a fix.

Lyft has become a distant second in terms of my ridesharing choice. I only turn it on if its surging now

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Alas, because I didn't have any direct experience with the PTC issues myself, I did not think to bring that up. Apologies, I should have. But this was a strategy/ops guy from USA, he would have no clue as to local municipality issues. I strongly suggest you contact Aaron Zifkin or Tim Houghton directly about the issue.

Uberchampion

Alas, because I didn't have any direct experience with the PTC issues myself, I did not think to bring that up. Apologies, I should have. But this was a strategy/ops guy from USA, he would have no clue as to local municipality issues. I strongly suggest you contact Aaron Zifkin or Tim Houghton directly about the issue.
Since Lyft reads this forum hopefully they will see this as an opportunity to change the way that they deal with their "partners".

I'm sure that Aaron Zifkin and Tim Houghton are great people and effective representatives of Lyft however the damage has already been done.

The people on the Lyft phone line had no clue as to the issue which is totally unacceptable. I understand that Toronto is by no way Lyfts largest market but wtf? We are definitely not their smallest.

After taking time out of my day to go to the Lyft office I was underwhelmed by the way I was treated. "We are going to send you a new background check by email and if approved you will be online in a few days". Lol, I had already been approved a month earlier when I followed their process for renewing my profile.

No explanations, no apologies and definitely no empathy. There is no doubt in my mind that the people who work at their hub feel the same way about their company as most drivers do.

Last night I was at Young/Bloor and got Lyft ping at Rebel....smh. The fact that I routinely get pings 20 min away dt is reflective of how many drivers they have online; and yet Lyft still seems to treat the few drivers they have like garbage.

I know of other drivers who have recieved their duplicate background checks a few days ago after 3 weeks of being offline. And guess what...they dont care anymore....

Lyft - you market yourself as the friendlier, more ethical company however when it comes to this situation you have sorely failed.

Ps. Pax are starting to catch on that even with your incentives, you are still pricier than Uber in many cases. If I pick up a pax that isn't aware of your increased pricing I endeavor to educate them....

Pss. I'm a 4.95 driver with over 1000 rides with Lyft.

My rant is over.

Last edited:

instalyfuberfy

=" I strongly suggest you contact Aaron Zifkin or Tim Houghton directly about the issue.
HOW?
Seems like they made it impossible to contact local Toronto team except by walking in their office, and even then you'll see a trained monkey.
It would be great if "Aaron or Tim" create a topic there - "ask me anything" - but we know it will never happen.
Meantime I will join "me2" movement and stick with uber with very occasional lyft.

Karl Marx

View attachment 278408
Yes...Please do come out so we can figure out ways we don't have to pay you a "fare" rate for all you hard work on our exploitive platform.

Chaisomosa

What did they say about long pings?

METRO3

Wait what did u learn lol u said u learned a lot but what's a lot or are you on an nda? Like you couldn't be any more vague could you

Last edited:

JanMarkus

If he did not have any clue to local issues, he did not have any business coming over here.

METRO3

Since Lyft reads this forum hopefully they will see this as an opportunity to change the way that they deal with their "partners".

I'm sure that Aaron Zifkin and Tim Houghton are great people and effective representatives of Lyft however the damage has already been done.

The people on the Lyft phone line had no clue as to the issue which is totally unacceptable. I understand that Toronto is by no way Lyfts largest market but wtf? We are definitely not their smallest.

After taking time out of my day to go to the Lyft office I was underwhelmed by the way I was treated. "We are going to send you a new background check by email and if approved you will be online in a few days". Lol, I had already been approved a month earlier when I followed their process for renewing my profile.

No explanations, no apologies and definitely no empathy. There is no doubt in my mind that the people who work at their hub feel the same way about their company as most drivers do.

Last night I was at Young/Bloor and got Lyft ping at Rebel....smh. The fact that I routinely get pings 20 min away dt is reflective of how many drivers they have online; and yet Lyft still seems to treat the few drivers they have like garbage.

I know of other drivers who have recieved their duplicate background checks a few days ago after 3 weeks of being offline. And guess what...they dont care anymore....

Lyft - you market yourself as the friendlier, more ethical company however when it comes to this situation you have sorely failed.

Ps. Pax are starting to catch on that even with your incentives, you are still pricier than Uber in many cases. If I pick up a pax that isn't aware of your increased pricing I endeavor to educate them....

Pss. I'm a 4.95 driver with over 1000 rides with Lyft.

My rant is over.
I'm so sick of your ridiculous bias. honestly your just as bad as fox news man. THEY DO NOT TREAT THEIR DIVERS LIKE GARBAGE! UBER DOES! BUT i do agree with you that these driver of the month and year and this coffee time with whoever is all bs and that they like uber do value themselves over us and their pax or should I say my pax.

I guess posts like what I just wrote gets you uninvited to coffee with whoever. oh well. I have to speak the truth and share reality.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
If he did not have any clue to local issues, he did not have any business coming over here.
The idea was for drivers to clue him in on local issues. From driver perspecive.

Here are some of things we discussed:

There should be an option in the app to allow a passenger to selected a high rated driver (and the passenger should be able to key in the threshold, like say, "4.90" ) at no extra charge. It would reward high rated drivers and convince the low rated drivers that they are not as valued...incentivize them to up their game or wash them out of profitability. Just as importantly, passengers can dial in a better experience at the cost of only a minute or two longer wait time.

The 'Car Seat' Issue. Seriously get the engineering team on this. Drivers and Pax are putting children in danger. LYFTs ‘education’ of both the driver pool and PAX is sorely lacking. How is the safety of babies and toddlers not the number one issue at LYFT?

It would be nice to have bonuses better laid out in the app (all separate line items if driver wishes to see them).

Streaks should NEVER be longer than 3 rides.

It would be nice for driver to have a pick-up radius filter (where driver enters a time, and no pings would be routed to driver if they exceed that filter.) Drivers refuse the long pings anyway, this would not bother the drivers with rides they are not going to take.
It would also be nice for driver to have a 'go no further' radius they can put into the app, where they pick a distance, and no 'destinations' will ever exceed that distance from GPS location of driver.

The LYFT-HUB should be accessible by car, with free parking. My suggestion would be Islington/Queensway CINEPLEX area, easy access from 2 highways, TTC, and lots of free parking, and doesn't get overloaded at Rush Hour.
Currently the Hayden/Yorkville location is just plain DUMB, unless you work there and take transit to work. Seems to work a lot better for the LYFT Office employees than the drivers they are supposed to be serving.

There should be a 'Green Vehicle' option. Again, no extra charge to passenger, only maybe a little longer wait time for pickup, but they get to 'drive green' which is important to some people.

I think that about sums it up. I hope I can mend my relationship with the GTA office going forward, but they should know that my belligerence comes from a place of passion, and it is unwise to ignore the high rated drivers that are passionate about improving the system and experience on both sides (Passenger and Customer).

Last edited:

Uberchampion

I'm so sick of your ridiculous bias. honestly your just as bad as fox news man. THEY DO NOT TREAT THEIR DIVERS LIKE GARBAGE! UBER DOES! BUT i do agree with you that these driver of the month and year and this coffee time with whoever is all bs and that they like uber do value themselves over us and their pax or should I say my pax.

I guess posts like what I just wrote gets you uninvited to coffee with whoever. oh well. I have to speak the truth and share reality.
I was invited to coffee. I couldn't make it.

As for bias, you've 100% correct. Uber is a shit company but they have never deactivated me for weeks weeks without an explanation like Lyft.

At least Uber fakes being sympathetic. Lyft doesn't

The first time I called Lyft they after this happened the call center woman told me that the Police had requested my account be suspended.....

Can you believe that shit?

METRO3

I was invited to coffee. I couldn't make it.

As for bias, you've 100% correct. Uber is a shit company but they have never deactivated me for weeks weeks without an explanation like Lyft.

At least Uber fakes being sympathetic. Lyft doesn't

The first time I called Lyft they after this happened the call center woman told me that the Police had requested my account be suspended.....

Can you believe that shit?
Not you but others have and one still is and has no idea why and uber has @@@@ed up the PTC process too. They didn't send an apology either to their drivers. When did uber fake being sympathetic????

Ya their call center is total shit show. No offense Americans but u guys make terrible call center reps.

Uberchampion

Not you but others have and one still is and has no idea why and uber has @@@@ed up the PTC process too. They didn't send an apology either to their drivers. When did uber fake being sympathetic????

Ya their call center is total shit show. No offense Americans but u guys make terrible call center reps.
Has uber screwed it up?

Why were you removed from Uber METRO3 ?