• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Coachella

RogerJS

You will be greatly disappointed if you make the trip to the desert .. overwhelmed by cars, traffic is like the worse day in LA and very few rides do to the limited “busy” periods.
I’ve yet to meet a driver from LA that would come back .. unless they lie .. and messing with you

SCdave

So here is my question for any Driver from Out of Town:
- Do you have a free place to stay for the 1-3 days you will drive?
- If you don't have a free place to stay, where will you stay (that hasn't already been booked), and how much will it cost you?
- Don't forget to factor into your costs, the deadmiles to Coachella and back home. ( Can you DF there and back? Sure. Will you get matched besides short trips? Ya, you know the answer).

So if you do go to Coachella to Drive
- Your expenses go way up
- There is no longer Surge by Factors like 2x but Flat Surge like $6 or maybe $11.
- You will be waiting in Driver line of cars to get to the Festival Uber Lot. Not minutes but hours.
- You then may get a long trip to Palm Springs (but now Flat Rate Surge) or may a shortie then have to get back in that long line again.
_ It will be hot. And often one day is very windy with sand blowing hard against your paint and windshield.
- There will be a few people who just kill it and make Big Money. But the other 1000s will not... especially after the added expenses.

So if you do go to Coachella to drive, do it for the experience (good or bad).
The desert is a beautiful place to visit.

But really don't expect to Net anything more then staying home and working your normal Uber/Lyft routine (without the added expenses).

I have a free place to stay and haven't gone out to Coachella from LA/OC since 2014. I leave it for the locals.

But hey, I'm just a idiot still driving Ubaa so don't listen to me.

Norm22

Feel free to come, all the above is true. I make more every other day, Coachella weekends are not even in my top five best weeks. Avoiding it like no-tip, door-slam festival it is. I can hear the music (ouch this years lineup) from my house, which is where I'm staying. 120,000 people, my car seats 4.

RogerJS

There are about 4 events in the desert where you can make excellent money ... the next three weeks aren’t part of those weeks

Omar Alexander

I drove Coachella for the past two years and earned much more than usual, but it's definitely longer hours and a party crowd. Expect a lot of riders that want to use your auxiliary chord the second they get in your car! Last year the Uber pickup lot was well-organized so it was easy to get trips. It looks like the same location this year, but I saw on another thread that Uber is giving $40 bonus for each trip from the zone! That's worth the traffic and loud riders!

Matty760

I drove Coachella for the past two years and earned much more than usual, but it's definitely longer hours and a party crowd. Expect a lot of riders that want to use your auxiliary chord the second they get in your car! Last year the Uber pickup lot was well-organized so it was easy to get trips. It looks like the same location this year, but I saw on another thread that Uber is giving $40 bonus for each trip from the zone! That's worth the traffic and loud riders!
They are charging the pax a extra surcharge as well to make up for that $40. Uber knows what they are doing.

Chelsifer

It SUCKS! I have waited in line for over an hour and a half to get to the event to drop passengers off. My passengers bailed out of my car and started walking on foot about a half a mile away. I stayed in line to get into the event to pick up other passengers. Only to have those passengers cancel because I was still too far away. I've never seen anything like this at all! It f****** sucks don't come here to Coachella ever! What a waste of time! I'm from San Diego and blew off a whole day of making at least $200 in San Diego just to come here and make less than a hundred bucks what a f****** joke uber you suck!

bwb1980

If you came in from out of town, lick your wounds and go home. Palm Springs is nothing but Lyft and Uber lights up and down the street, the locals stay at home this weekend and next weekend, so you won’t be driving them to dinner or down to the clubs one after another, and your days of making $1000 each weekend are over. Palm Springs surged to 25% today and that was it. Right now I’m looking at 10 drivers sitting in DHS on a Friday night at 11:00PM 😂 *starts singing “Desperado”* I don’t know if that’s as funny as almost 50 people sitting on the airport lot earlier.

Blooduber

Is it good money to drive at Coachella music festival?
What a waste of time till now. Promotion says 40 per ride. Well I've been stuck in traffic for 1.30 mins to go to Uber lot. I think I'll be lucky to get more than 2 rides. Now I feel very stupid. Will post how hard I am hit by end of this long night!!

GoToAgent

I live local and did not have to make the 4 hour dead drive and it still stunk. I slept until 11:45 PM figuring it would be busy midnight to 5 AM and surging. I left my La Quinta home just before midnight and did not get in to Uber lot until 2 AM. Jackson was backed up all the way to Dr. Carreon. I have NEVER seen it like that before. For $40?? and my 4.3 mile pick up was not surging :-(

That really blew. Then at 2:33 AM, I get a text from Uber that the Uberzone was now closed for the night (i.e., morning). There is no chance I will go back to the Uber lot tonight. Not worth the $40

Norm22

Yesterday capped a great Coachella weekend (eye roll). I stuck to my guns and did not drive Friday or Saturday. My neighbor drives and said Friday sucked but he pulled about 300 Saturday night in a few hours. I foolishly drove Sunday afternoon, made less than 70 bucks for my trouble before shutting off after numerous entitled teenagers glittered bombed my backseat and threw attitude at anyone in their vicinity. Look closely at those paltry earnings and notice half are surging, the last one 6.75, and the ride was 57 minutes to go 6 miles! I only wasted a few hours to remind myself why Coachella is a bust. I know money can be made but my sanity is worth more. Stay home, it is better for most.

Attachments