Coachella valley new driver

Hotdog65

Hello
Well I am obviously a fairly new driver in the desert, I will assume that the season out here mirrors the service industry so October to May should be great and tennis event should be crazy, as well as coachella if I'm willing to brave that. I drive for both uber and Lyft, on my days off and early evenings, never the late crowd. So far I have had no bad experiences and made a little money, seams Lyft pays better but uber is more active.
Any feedback and or advise would be great from fellow desert drivers, and yes I know there are to many of us newbies on the ban wagon and all that. But like any new business it has to grow and there will be growing pains.

Hotdog65

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello
Well I am obviously a fairly new driver in the desert, I will assume that the season out here mirrors the service industry so October to May should be great and tennis event should be crazy, as well as coachella if I'm willing to brave that. I drive for both uber and Lyft, on my days off and early evenings, never the late crowd. So far I have had no bad experiences and made a little money, seams Lyft pays better but uber is more active.
Any feedback and or advise would be great from fellow desert drivers, and yes I know there are to many of us newbies on the ban wagon and all that. But like any new business it has to grow and there will be growing pains.
Well I guess I am not in the cool guy crowd so no advice or replies, I will keep an eye out for my secret decoder ring that allows me to communicate to this community of disgruntled drivers. I had a very busy two days in the desert between the two platforms and was hopping to seek out others and see if it's a trend but to no avail.

BostonTaxiDriver

Hi...it seems not as many regular posters greet the newcomers here versus last year.

Maybe everyone is just burnt out and disillusioned?

Hotdog65

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree this is a tough gig and it ain't no Cinderella story, there is no happy ending but hey did any one get in here to make retirement? Buy a new house? No. I am here to make double payment on my new car for a year and then I am out. During that time some communication with peers on what works best and what's a waste of time would be splendid.