Cluless instigating neighbor

second2noone

What would you do?

So I pull up to pickup pax in neighborhood in venice. I park next to driveway. Waiting for pax. Old neighbor walks out taking trash out.

Car comes amd honk . Ask me move from driveway. So I move.

Then old neighbor starts yelling f bombs and calling me names for not moving my car and blocking driveway. Then saying uber drivers are idiots and stuff.

I was ready to get out and take care of him. But didn't want to be in the news. I bit my tongue. Pax came out and we drove away. I told pax your neighbor is a moron and he agreed and Thanked me for not going off on him. No tip. But I regret not doing anything. Punk old trash needs to put in his place.

What would you do? Has this happened to you?

Last edited by a moderator:

wk1102

What would you do?

So I pull up to pickup pax in neighborhood in venice. I park next to driveway. Waiting for pax. Old neighbor walks out taking trash out.

Then old neighbor starts yelling f bombs and calling me names for not moving my car and blocking driveway. Then saying uber drivers are idiots and stuff.

I was ready to get out and take care of him. But didn't want to be in the news. I bit my tongue. Pax came out and we drove away. I told pax your neighbor is a moron and he agreed and Thanked me for not going off on him. No tip. But I regret not doing anything. Punk old trash needs to put in his place.

You did the right thing, maybe could of smiled and said something extra nice.

How you doing sir, hope you have a great day.

Words are just words, they only have effect that you let them have. People like that generally are just looking for a reason to complain. The nicer you are the more mad he gets, you drive away and forget about him, and he's fuming for an hour.

LASAC_BER

You did the right thing, maybe could of smiled and said something extra nice.

How you doing sir, hope you have a great day.

Words are just words, they only have effect that you let them have. People like that generally are just looking for a reason to complain. The nicer you are the more mad he gets, you drive away and forget about him, and he's fuming for an hour.
Yep, that too! I have been super nice to people who are mad and they get even madder. It's hilarious and makes my day.

IERide

He's right. A lot of Uber drivers are idiots.. People who want to "put people in their place" or "take care of them" probably also need to be put in their place or be 'taken care of'.
So by behaving like a civilized human being, you did the right thing. It's troublesome though, that you need to ask how others would handle it.

second2noone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's right. A lot of Uber drivers are idiots.. People who want to "put people in their place" or "take care of them" probably also need to be put in their place or be 'taken care of'.
So by behaving like a civilized human being, you did the right thing. It's troublesome though, that you need to ask how others would handle it.
Why is it troublesome for asking?

CaptainJackLA

What would you do?

Go back to him, you have the address. Chuck some rotten eggs...

second2noone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because it makes it appear as though you weren't sure of what to do - act like an animal? Or act like a human? Or you were unsure of the choice you made.
Even if I'm unsure or know, what's the troubling part? Like I said before I am asking. You are reading too much into this.

We deal with "animals" all day.

Calhiker

What would you do?

Lol just wait till be gets a pokemon stop o. His front lawn.

Tedgey

What would you do?

Three words for you..

Lawn. Job.

tohunt4me

What would you do?

I would have ignored him and tried not to laugh in his face.

Old folks can be dangerous.

What have they got to lose ?

Put them in prison for life ?
Better than the nursing home.

Be careful of old folks.he may have earned his attitude.

tohunt4me

Yeah you're right. Just pisses me off about idiots like this. You know one of these days he won't be so lucky.

I think it made him more mad cuz I was smiling and laughing at him.
He may have worked for a company worse than Uber.

No telling how we will end up !

Attachments