Uber Drivers Forum banner

Cleaning Fee Info Guide

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  rideshare2870 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, I put in for my first cleaning fee last night as I had some kid decide to open a bottle of vodka and spill it all over themselves and my back seat. The idiot told his friend loudly and after the ride concluded, I checked and it was all wet. I figure I would share the info with you guys so that you know what you need if you ever need to file a claim.

First off, always check your back seats after your ride is complete. I started carrying a LED flashlight with me for this very purpose. The vodka spill left a wet mark and a distinct odor. The rider Code of Conduct prohibits riders from bringing open containers into your vehicle.

Secondly, Uber requires 2 photos for proof when filing a claim.

Third, you need the pax name and/or at least the ride details (pickup/dropoff)

Fourth, small description of the incident then submit.

When you submit a claim, you only have 3 days to file with Uber according to the app, so don't wait. I filed the claim within 15 minutes of the ride ending and had a resolution from Uber within 7 hours. They provided me a $40 Cleaning Fee, payable from the rider and supposedly would follow up with the rider in regards to their Code of Conduct. Uber did state in their response to me that they reimburse on the cleaning fee only, they do not pay out for lost money or down time, so basically Uber is saying to drivers 'sorry, not sorry'.

See less See more
#2 ·
still not bad. Not sure how this style of typing started and if I knew how to change it back to normal I would. Anyways , back to my statement, $40 to clean up vodka is more than acceptable imo. A warm wet cloth to wipe it up should be all you need besides maybe fabreeze or whatever.

#4 ·
Good info, thanks for posting. A friend of mine said their son puked in an Uber in Buffalo last week, and had his card charged $150 for the cleanup. I say no tolerance for this crap, so great to see the reimbursement.
I know I am lucky and have the flexibility to drive 3 mornings a week and then all day Saturday, but I will say it again....99% of all the problems you will have driving occur after midnight. I will never do it again. Good luck to those who do though, as it is a very valuable service keeping these drunken as-----oles off the road.

#5 ·
So earlier this week, I picked up a pretty nice 2007 Town and Country strictly for my Uber needs and **** me if it didn't get christened last night from a UB student.

Needless to say, I kicked them to the curb, hustled over to a coin operated vacuum and got the Big stuff up then used an entire can of carpet cleaner on it and vaccumed again.....total downtime was an hour, cost me $13. The good thing was that Uber had sent me $150 before I was even done as a cleaning fee from the pax.

Morale of the story, start carrying cleaning supplies with you in your cars. Carpet cleaner, Fabreeze, Armor All, Disposable Gloves, Clorox Wipes, Paper Towels and Rags....it helps.

#8 ·
It was 2am when all the UB kids were making their way back to the dorms from all of the house parties over by Main/Winspear....and I noticed 2 cars pulled over with pukers hunched over next to them.

Are you saying that it was not necessary to submit any receipts for cleaning products or services?
Like I said, there had my issue resolved and added a $150 credit before I even finished with the carpet cleaner.

Attachments

#9 ·
Just a heads up that I got another puker last night but was prepared, offered him a bucket with a plastic Tops/Wegmans bag inside....worked like a champ.

....except when he handed it back to me at the end of the ride and where I kindly advised him that the bag was his souvenir to take with him. Idiot.

#11 ·
...having a bag of puke handed back to me is all of the thanks I need. LOL.

The fact that he handed it back to me was hysterical, I told him that was his souvenir to keep to remember me....

#13 ·
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number
A few pics say a thousand words....or at least says $212. Guy handed me a $50. Total downtime...45 minutes. :)

Map Font World Line Screenshot

And this is why you carry a bucket full of cleaning supplies and know where the quarter vaca are located.

#16 ·
The vodka spill left a wet mark and a distinct odor.
The "distinct odor" of alcohol left behind by a paxhole is a danger to you the driver...... if the smell is not completely eliminated and the next rider who hops in your car smells it, that rider then notifies Uber that YOU the driver smells like alcohol at which point Uber will deactivate your account "pending further investigation."

#17 ·
So I figured that I would revisit this as a puker visited me again last night.

Picked up a Lyft request around 215am at some ghetto bar....in full disclosure, only took it to complete my 2nd Lyft streak of the night...two ghetto chicks get in, not a far trip thankfully. Within 3 minutes, I hear one do a wet belch...and I'm suddenly suspicious. The friend is talking to her and says 'Are you asleep?'....and then it happens. She pukes all liquid, all over the front of her shirt...I instantly slam the bucket into her chest. So I get them to their destination, jump out and her some paper towels and get them out.

I am within minutes of spray wash place and finally look at the mess. She only got a little spot on the seats, that must have trickled down from her lap. Snap some pics, fill out the Lyft request, break out the quarters, the can of carpet cleaner and get at it. Within 10 minutes, back up and rolling again....

I kept Lyft off the rest of the night to make then think I am 'cleaning'. Had a $150 cleaning within 90 minutes and was back downtown for the late night surge within 15 minutes.

I know what you're thinking...Oh No Merc, How did you manage without Lyft for the rest of the Night??? I know it was hard to do but a sacrifice to earn the cleaning fee. Always keep cleaning products in your car, a couple bucks of quarters and a puke bucket.

#18 ·
Good story good ending.....I drove my usual Saturday day's yesterday, and my whole world is now upside down. I booked FOUR TIMES as much on Lyft as I did on Uber yesterday. What is up with that? There were a lot more Prime times in areas other than just Allentown. Of course they did threaten to de-activate me twice during the shift, but hey that's par for the course with Lyft.

#20 ·
Good information. I carry barf bags and gloves as well as microfiber cloth wipes and I don't even do late night drives. I took an Uber and my driver was saying someone they picked up asked them to pull over because they feel like puking. It was 12 in the afternoon, not midnight though! Always carry cleaning utilities, it is essential for ridesharing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.