Cleaning Expenses

ncc

Any experiences in getting cleaning charges reimbursed by Uber for "bodily emissions"??

Had my first incident last night at 2 AM. Thankfully there was a car wash that is open 24x7.

Some note says there is a fixed fee reimbursement. Is that done based on the actual cleaning invoice?

VIPinoy

I had an instance where passenger vomited in the car. Uber gave me $200 for cleaning fee. Make sure to send them pictures.

Reactions: ncc

ncc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had an instance where passenger vomited in the car. Uber gave me $200 for cleaning fee. Make sure to send them pictures.
Thanks!! Yes, I did send them a few nasty pictures. What a surprise, in fact the car wash guys told me Uber will pay me $200 - however I didn't believe them. :smiles:

dcc.

Send them a photo of the mess. Most of the time they will just pay you a cleaning fee.

Always get a cleaning invoice but never send it to Uber unless they specifically ask - because they will just pay the invoice amount. Don't forget any cleaning fee should (but never does) cover your lost time as well.

ncc

Send them a photo of the mess. Most of the time they will just pay you a cleaning fee.

Always get a cleaning invoice but never send it to Uber unless they specifically ask - because they will just pay the invoice amount. Don't forget any cleaning fee should (but never does) cover your lost time as well.
They paid me $80 which was less than the cleaning fee. I have asked for more. Let's see.

ncc

I'd be interested to see what they say, let us know :smiles:
"Cleaning fees are based on reasonable average estimates for cleaning and repair. We do our best to assess each claim with the details and photos provided. While we cannot provide additional reimbursement, I’ll be happy to take into consideration any other factors you would like to share."

Anybody can decipher what the above means? Other than not to expect any more money.

ncc

"Cleaning fees are based on reasonable average estimates for cleaning and repair. We do our best to assess each claim with the details and photos provided. While we cannot provide additional reimbursement, I’ll be happy to take into consideration any other factors you would like to share."

Anybody can decipher what the above means? Other than not to expect any more money.
Update - they have paid $100 aftet I submitted receipt of cleaning charges. Justice prevails:smiles: