• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Class Action Lawsuit coming up against UBER

Alemix

Hello people,

I recently met up with a lawyer over the possibility of starting a class action lawsuit against UBER. The reason is all the underpaid trips which I'm sure each and any of you drivers have been recently experiencing. The explanations given bu Uber Support are simply ridiculous.

A meeting will be scheduled some time soon.

If you have any comments please go ahead and make them below.

Double J

Hello people,

I recently met up with a lawyer over the possibility of starting a class action lawsuit against UBER. The reason is all the underpaid trips which I'm sure each and any of you drivers have been recently experiencing. The explanations given bu Uber Support are simply ridiculous.

Who's the lawyer and law firm?

omarwaa

Everytime pax change destinations, I still get paid based on upfront pricing.
I report it , and UBER support plays ping pong for me , at least 20 messages back and forth arguing .... In the end, they adjust the fare and thank me for my patience !!
Everyday I go through this, everyday I start the message by telling them not to send me copy paste responses !!

Alemix

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Everytime pax change destinations, I still get paid based on upfront pricing.
I report it , and UBER support plays ping pong for me , at least 20 messages back and forth arguing .... In the end, they adjust the fare and thank me for my patience !!
Everyday I go through this, everyday I start the message by telling them not to send me copy paste responses !!
You are not the only one, believe me.

Yes I am curious about the firm handling this as well, this is a major undertaking.
I will post more details after the next meeting with the lawyer. Im sure you will understand why I cannot disclose his name nor his firm yet. But this is going to be big if we manage to unite all drivers.

Capt.Uber

I'm looking forward to your info
Please post when available.
Happy to several more points to what they miscalculated regarding fares not just upfront fares.

Alemix

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi people,

See attached the law firm that I have been in contact for a few weeks now. It turns out the so called "upfront pricing" is seriously working against drivers rights.

Attachments

Last edited:

Double J

So what will they moving forward with? Are they looking for any other information? Who would be included in this?

UberxGTA

Hello people,

You and your lawyers should also look into the discrepancies of what customers are charged for upfront fares and what drivers are paid. I'm talking especially about the toll fees that are included in the fare the customers pay and yet drivers not getting their % of the fare as per the contract. Thereby leaving the extra money in uber's pocket. This happens when riders are routed on the 407 and charged the toll fees and the driver does not take the toll route, giving uber 'bonus' money in their pocket. Riders have no clue this is happening and they are being charged and usually do not want to take the 407 to avoid the toll fees even though they are paying for it already.

Pavel Switzer

I believe a class action lawsuit should be launched, and would be successful due to the misleading practices of Uber by saying that the new Uber Eats pay structure is "about" the same when they know full well it is not. Uber has accountants and technicians who spent may hours calculating how to pay less to the drivers and make more money for themselves. If anything, due to inflation and increased car expenses, they should be paying us more! I have been working part-time working about 20 to 25 hours per week doing Uber Eats, I have a 98% satisfaction rating, and a 100% acceptance rate, but when they announced the new pay structure, I looked at all my past pay and in each instance, all my pay would be less by on average of 30% with their new structure vs. their old. I went to the Uber Hub in Mississauga and explained this to them and I said to them that they are being unethical, and are taking advantage of drivers, but they could do nothing about it. I hate it when big companies, or anyone takes advantage of anyone else, we need to stand up for what for what is right!

UberfiST

Maybe if all the 100,000 drivers taking part chip in a week's pay to help cover legal costs. Otherwise Uber will spend $10,000 for every dollar you spend.

Good luck winning anything with a $20k lawyer when you're fighting someone who hired a $20 MILLION lawyer.

dmoney155

I believe a class action lawsuit should be launched, and would be successful due to the misleading practices of Uber by saying that the new Uber Eats pay structure is "about" the same when they know full well it is not. Uber has accountants and technicians who spent may hours calculating how to pay less to the drivers and make more money for themselves. If anything, due to inflation and increased car expenses, they should be paying us more! I have been working part-time working about 20 to 25 hours per week doing Uber Eats, I have a 98% satisfaction rating, and a 100% acceptance rate, but when they announced the new pay structure, I looked at all my past pay and in each instance, all my pay would be less by on average of 30% with their new structure vs. their old. I went to the Uber Hub in Mississauga and explained this to them and I said to them that they are being unethical, and are taking advantage of drivers, but they could do nothing about it. I hate it when big companies, or anyone takes advantage of anyone else, we need to stand up for what for what is right!
Pavel... this world is based on taking advantage of one another. Anywhere you work, the person who hires you makes money off you. Should people delivering fliers for pennies complain?... what about those who collect scrap metal?, how about everyone who thinks they taxes are going to waste? should they sue the government?.... What would you do if there was no uber?... focus on that... if one thing is not working out for you, focus your energies on something else. Reality is uber will squeeze more and more out of their cost centers (which are drivers)... any business would, you try to minimize costs. You should plan your exit strategy.

METRO3

You can't bring a class action law suit against uber or lyft as per the agreement you accepted when you joined uber. You can take them to small claims court or ask for arbitration which they will have their own person arbitrating the issue. Read the terms. So how much money did you just waste on the lawyer?