1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Clamp down multiple accounts?

Discussion in 'Flex' started by tofu97, Jun 17, 2018.

1. tofu97

tofu97 Member

At more and more stations, now Amazon is asking driver to show driver license to associates to verify identity. It seems Amazon has decided to clean the house for a little bit.

Uberdriver2710 likes this.
  2. ndigoboy

ndigoboy Member

This is true. We've caught dozens of people using their friends information to join flex while presumably pointing the bank info to their account.

3. UberPasco

UberPasco Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Dozens here. One or two still had a reserve to do, but are blocked for everything now until they prove their identity and basically get re-onboarded. Expect a lot of blocks opening up. I have worked at-will since Tues, even getting continuous blocks (no 1/2 hr in between).

4. Tank_Driver

Tank_Driver Well-Known Member

At my station ID checks are pretty infrequent. I personally haven’t been asked in a few months, even with new vests that I did not know or recognize who were checking me in. Only once did they go on a spree where they were checking IDs it seemed everyday (management must have cracked down), and even that lasted about two weeks max.

5. UberPasco

UberPasco Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This isn't about stations asking for ID. It is getting an email and being blocked from using the app until you resubmit your info.

6. OMG_seat_covers

OMG_seat_covers New Member

They've scattered like roaches

7. Uberdriver2710

Uberdriver2710 Well-Known Member

Cool! Maybe I can finally get on board. I've been trying every day, for months.

8. OJL

OJL Active Member

Been getting plenty of work. Packages were coming up missing and all types of other nonsense was happening due to individuals who shouldn't be legally allowed to do this job gaming the system and getting in. They ask for ID every time I check in for a block now. Fair and equal like it should be though so I can't complain.

9. dkcs

dkcs Well-Known Member

They actually put everyone who used the amazon.com web site at any point and time in the past year and a half to change the name on an account back through the background check process.

This has caught a ton of drivers who used this process to change the name on a significant other or family member account into their own name and has eliminated a ton of drivers, hence the current availability of blocks in many areas now.

There is a safe method that can be used that the online services offer that bypasses the check amazon does so the guys at the top still skated by clean with their name changes on multiple accounts.

The guys that thought that it would have been as easy as going to amazon.com and changing the name didn't realize that amazon uses multiple db's to store driver info.

10. rozz

rozz Active Member

You know what happens when they clamp down on multiple accounts? Your **** don't get delivered. All this week my orders have been late or missing. This is a new low for Flex.

Flex89, soupergloo and dkcs like this.
  11. dkcs

dkcs Well-Known Member

It's Amazon's game, they get to play it the way they see fit. Many drivers who were "cheating" through automation or multiple accounts at the end of the day they still got Amazon's packages delivered.

OJL likes this.
  12. Tank_Driver

Tank_Driver Well-Known Member

I getcha, but I was responding to the second part.

13. Movaldriver

Movaldriver Well-Known Member

Some of the new drivers at DLA5 are doing a couple of blocks then being deactivated until they go as far as San Diego to get their I'd verified. I don't understand why they can't do it at Riverside. Maybe because the verification is done by a security guard and we don't have one. One driver is complaining it's been over a week since she did it and still can't get her account active. I'm wondering if they are weeding out some new drivers with this process by just never activating their account after the verification. Who knows