City paying 20% off ride

koshaman

What a bad idea, let's give 20% off rides if pick up and drop off is in city limits. I dropped someone off in Altamonte springs. I immediately got a call I drove 6 miles to pick this guy up that was going from his friends house to his house that was at the end of the street not even 1/4mile away. Before I drop him off I get another call I accepted it went 3.5 miles to pick him up he wanted a ride to the gas station about 1/2 mile away and back to his house. As I was approaching his house I get another call I say to myself maybe this one is better so I accepted the call drive 4 miles pick up this lady from her boyfriend house she was going home her house was the apartment complex across the street. I said to her you are the 3rd person that I pick up here in Altamonte that is literally only going less than a mile. She said it's worth it she only gets charged 3.00 and every 10th ride is free. I said it's good for you but bad for the driver I drove 4 miles to pick you up. And you are only going across the street. She got mad but I don't care. I will never drive in Altamonte springs again. Anyone else have same issue?

OrlandoUberX

It happend a few times to me. But that's the job of the driver we are suppose to drive people where they want to go for very little.

Shine'ola

are you guys getting $2.74 out of these rides, I saw this 20% of the tax payers $ as a horrible idea, liquor store rides, booty calls, weed delivery, all kinds of BS at drivers and tax payers expenses, I wonder if the people taking the majority of these rides even pay taxes

Cynthia Vortex

Yes. I had the same experience. I drove from the Sanford hospital to Altamonte near chuck e cheese for $10.00 after fees. Drove from near the old Flea World to Fern Park near Winn Dixie on 17-92 for $6.48 after fees. 8.9 miles, 16 minutes. That's the day I retired from uber and went back into the work force. I make way more now holding my sign side the road in Lake Mary. Someone said I looked to clean so guess I have to dirty my shoes and miss my salon visit but hey, Uber ON

Shine'ola

so a big IF here....IF drivers start refusing these Altamonte rides will it surge or did Uber turn the surge off also

koshaman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure about the surge but I will not drive there. If I drop someone off there I will shut off and go into winter park and turn it back on.

Mars Troll Number 4

You don't work the Seminole area. Totally different area. It's a dead zone full of shorts. Even Mears has cordoned it off into its own area.
Mears in it's infinite wisdom has the winter park/Seminole county area separated off into a different fleet, only the winter park fleet and mears ride can or even pretend to service that area,

that service area is rewarded with the cheapest rental rates to compensate for it being so bleh to try to work. The 9 pm winter park car is $11 less then a yellow fleet, a 9 AM is $33 less to rent then a yellow, and the weekly rate for a winter park car is $191 less than a yellow fleet cab.

(Yellow fleet is Orange county (minus disney and winter park) including universal studios, I-drive, and MCO)
(Winter park fleet is Seminole county, winter park, and every terrible neighborhood in west and east orange county)

2Cents

Thats
What a bad idea, let's give 20% off rides if pick up and drop off is in city limits. I dropped someone off in Altamonte springs. I immediately got a call I drove 6 miles to pick this guy up that was going from his friends house to his house that was at the end of the street not even 1/4mile away. Before I drop him off I get another call I accepted it went 3.5 miles to pick him up he wanted a ride to the gas station about 1/2 mile away and back to his house. As I was approaching his house I get another call I say to myself maybe this one is better so I accepted the call drive 4 miles pick up this lady from her boyfriend house she was going home her house was the apartment complex across the street. I said to her you are the 3rd person that I pick up here in Altamonte that is literally only going less than a mile. She said it's worth it she only gets charged 3.00 and every 10th ride is free. I said it's good for you but bad for the driver I drove 4 miles to pick you up. And you are only going across the street. She got mad but I don't care. I will never drive in Altamonte springs again. Anyone else have same issue?
exactly
are you guys getting $2.74 out of these rides, I saw this 20% of the tax payers $ as a horrible idea, liquor store rides, booty calls, weed delivery, all kinds of BS at drivers and tax payers expenses, I wonder if the people taking the majority of these rides even pay taxes
That's exactly what the demographic of an Uber X customer in that area. For the most part is some one who should be riding public transportation. There is nothing wrong with that, but that's just the customer.

Buckiemohawk

it takes a Winter Park driver who knows his stuff to make his lease about three hours on a busy night. In other areas, the lease can be done in an hour on busy night. Ive taking calls in that area before all down the street stuff. If you want to make money for Uber drive a cab

The Mollusk

it takes a Winter Park driver who knows his stuff to make his lease about three hours on a busy night. In other areas, the lease can be done in an hour on busy night. Ive taking calls in that area before all down the street stuff. If you want to make money for Uber drive a cab
I actually spent a shift there the other day. Not a good idea. The clientele were pretty scummy for the most part and very low tips. Probably my last time running up there unless I can catch a jet.

Buckiemohawk

I actually spent a shift there the other day. Not a good idea. The clientele were pretty scummy for the most part and very low tips. Probably my last time running up there unless I can catch a jet.
the best fare I got out of there was from a restaurant down to the airport area. The clients suck out there and they didnt tip

Mars Troll Number 4

I had a lady once ask me why don't the Uber drivers like picking up in Sanford.
I replied" Do you really want me to answer that."

She was exactly the reason.
Oh well.
I've been asked the same question about Mears... literally... outside of the Sanford airport there will be one fare all night in Sanford. Because nothing is open... nothing. (Except both the walmarts, steak and shake, Denny's and the gas station... and the hospital E.R.) Hey i can name all the businesses in sanford open late night... wow.

2Cents

I've been asked the same question about Mears... literally... outside of the Sanford airport there will be one fare all night in Sanford. Because nothing is open... nothing. (Except both the walmarts, steak and shake, Denny's and the gas station... and the hospital E.R.) Hey i can name all the businesses in sanford open late night... wow.
One morning I must of gotten the same request from the ER for about an hour.. I didn't want to drive there under X...
Sorry vehicle wasn't designed for that plus that clientele in that area, enough said.

OrlandoUberX

One morning I must of gotten the same request from the ER for about an hour.. I didn't want to drive there under X...
Sorry vehicle wasn't designed for that plus that clientele in that area, enough said.
Can you really be an Uber driver and picky about fares? I'm a little shocked

Cynthia Vortex

Most folks in Sanford have cars and drive, that's why the service here is slow. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights seem to get surge activity around 2 am. Sanford and Heathrow area. I live in Sanford and retired from Uber because it's short trips, no tips, and rides that equal $2.74 per ride.

2Cents

Most folks in Sanford have cars and drive, that's why the service here is slow. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights seem to get surge activity around 2 am. Sanford and Heathrow area. I live in Sanford and retired from Uber because it's short trips, no tips, and rides that equal $2.74 per ride.
That's how much the fares averaged payable, $2.74?