• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

City of London Warning

Sorry don't want to add even more problems to what is a difficult job anyway trying to earn a living driving in London but unless you know the area stay away from the dropping off or picking up in the city if you can during the week. I have now received penalty notices for driving down Mansion House Street which unknown to me and not clearly sign posted are apparently not allowed Mon to Fri from 7am to 7pm. What a nice present for the New year.
And with them if you appeal within the 14 days stated and lose the appeal you have to pay the full amount. Is that legal?

Last edited:

Cabbie2B

Sorry don't want to add even more problems to what is a difficult job anyway trying to earn a living driving in London but unless you know the area stay away from the dropping off or picking up in the city if you can during the week. I have now received penalty notices for driving down Mansion House Street which unknown to me and not clearly sign posted are apparently not allowed Mon to Fri from 7am to 7pm. What a nice present for the New year.
And with them if you appeal within the 14 days stated and lose the appeal you have to pay the full amount. Is that legal?
Hahahaahhaha, new kids on the block....
Every lesson has to be paid.....

Bank Junction has been NO GO for over a year now Mon-Fri......from September ‘18 it’s permanent.

And please don’t go to City or West End ....less traffic .....

soTuga

Best way if you're not sure, drive out of the City after each drop off, until you learn where you can or can't drive. Daytime PH in town is a nightmare.

Cabbie2B

April 2018 was still trial and “consultations” period.

From September 2018 it’s permanent.

Look, didn’t mean to be harsh on you.

Have a look here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74755799

Bettysmalls

Not clearly signed , lol you must one with their eyes on Sat Nav only

Ubend R.S.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully that's your bad luck out the way this year. There's a site that's worth looking at for challenging pcns. Anyone know it?

The Ping!

Hahahaahhaha, new kids on the block....
Every lesson has to be paid.....

Bank Junction has been NO GO for over a year now Mon-Fri......from September ‘18 it’s permanent.

And please don’t go to City or West End ....less traffic .....
Daytime traffic is bloody awful in city and central ,the only way a new guy can learn is by trial and error.unfortunately sometime this will cost money.

Shane Sheikh

Were you the guy I was beeping at? Waving my hand trying to stop u going through the junction ? Some of you guys just completely ignore your surrounds. Hence the increase in the lamppost business.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prefer the burbs Chicago 3
dlyft Panama City 1
CabbieOO7 London 2