City Inspector at ORD

Andretti

Yep, late Friday afternoon.

In a white car that says, "City of Chicago Business Affairs".

He was very slowly creeping through the lot.

He hassled two guys in separate cars in adjoining spaces, one of which I'm pretty was sure for not displaying the emblem on the dash - apparently the guy had it in the glove-box or somewhere similar.

Be forewarned.

Andretti

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love how everyone says they are hassling. Maybe their just doing their jobs? Same as you. Here's a brilliant idea. Get your shit squared away when your out driving. It's the law, so follow it. It's common sense. If people would just do what they are supposed to do, they would have no reason to "hassle" you.
Alright, no harm was intended.

Just a friendly heads up ...

crazytown

These so called cops are out there generating revenue at the cost of us drivers..I know some drivers are just dumb and clearly dont follow the rules but then there are some that do follow the rules and get messed with just because ..just like cpd used to give out tickets for the invisible stop sign before they put one up at the entrance and now the no right turn sign....just waiting for someone to step out of one of those Porto patties and get creamed by a speeding driver thats not paying attention.or worse crash into the shitters while making that left turn ....who ever had that brilliant idea of putting the porto potties on the fence like that

Last edited:

Uberana

Alright, no harm was intended.

Just a friendly heads up ...
Perhsps a "friendly heads up" is not warranted. Seems like there are a lot of knuckleheads out there that probably should not be driving on the platform. Maybe they are the same ones that don't display required items while engaged in business. I say issue those citations. I believe the fine is $500 per violation. Maybe they will end up not being able to pay those debts owed to the city and if Uber/Lyft do what they are supposed to do, the result will be less knuckleheads drivers.

kinicky21

Was a black guy in a hat. Saw him too. Didn't see him write anyone though, but I was too far away to get a good look. Saw him park at the entrance and walk around a bit then parked at the far end of the lot and walk around. People double parked all over by him. Genius move just leave if there is no spots.

Andretti

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was a black guy in a hat. Saw him too. Didn't see him write anyone though, but I was too far away to get a good look. Saw him park at the entrance and walk around a bit then parked at the far end of the lot and walk around. People double parked all over by him. Genius move just leave if there is no spots.
I was close to him, and no - he didn't write.

Papritsa

Don't be shocked. I once took Uber as a passenger, and when the car arrived at my house, she had NO uber signs at all NO emblem , nothing. Thank GOD she had a license plate on her car ....

AmericanTaxiOptima

This issue isn't exclusive to rideshare. They hassle ALL of us. If cabs/livery don't display their insurance sticker they roll through our lot and hand out tickets. If our mpea emblems aren't displayed we get a ticket. No joke if our cars are deemed too dirty they'll give us a ticket (there's a sign posted at commercial lot that cites the law code and says exclusively that your car must be clean and undamaged). I've been at it for 4 years and never received a violation. Just follow the rules and you don't have to worry, it's not that hard to have the right credentials displayed. Like someone else said, if following very simple rules is that difficult, perhaps some of these drivers would be better suited in other professions.

doorman1

Those guys have been at it for years working for Consumer Services, ticketing Limos, Cab drivers, and Valet Parkers. I work at a Hotel and have dealt with them before.
If your suppose to Display paper work on Passenger side dash and it's on Driver side they can give you a ticket for not being properly displayed. The same with rear window Emblems.

If your ever approached by them in the Lot, DO NOT give them any attitude. I have seen them take Medallions off Taxis and Impound Limos before.....

They also pull drivers over downtown for various Violations........

Be careful.

LoveTheBlues

Don't be shocked. I once took Uber as a passenger, and when the car arrived at my house, she had NO uber signs at all NO emblem , nothing. Thank GOD she had a license plate on her car ....
Same thing with me. She also didn't use navigation and started going the wrong way on Roosevelt and when I told her she said she was taking a faster route. She was going to 290 when I was due north. I made her follow my instructions which she did only after i essentially forced her. She got 1 starrred and I reported the lack of any trade dress to Lyft.

Koolbreze

The City Inspectors at MDWare just as bad. The lot cannot accomadate all the fools that come there. There are 8 spaces marked no parking. 6 spots that are marked handicap....if you are handicapped, what are you driving for? 6 spots taken up by the porta potties. Plus, the lot is marked for angled parking with the loss of space. Then we have the idiots that play their Mid East music loudly while they stand around smoking and talking. If the lot is overly full and drivers park in the aisle in front of those Mid East folks they swear at you to move. Plus these idiots always need to back in sometimes taking up 2 spots. The city inspectors come in force 5 at a time writing dumb folks up then telling them to leave. They get mad and come back later still not in compliance. Then there are the folks who speed through the lot. @@@@@@@@. ORD has food trucks, we are not afforded that privilege at MDW. The potholes are huge with no hope the city will patch them. There is a large lot next door, Uber is too cheap to rent that area.

AmericanTaxiOptima

The City Inspectors at MDWare just as bad. The lot cannot accomadate all the fools that come there. There are 8 spaces marked no parking. 6 spots that are marked handicap....if you are handicapped, what are you driving for? 6 spots taken up by the porta potties. Plus, the lot is marked for angled parking with the loss of space. Then we have the idiots that play their Mid East music loudly while they stand around smoking and talking. If the lot is overly full and drivers park in the aisle in front of those Mid East folks they swear at you to move. Plus these idiots always need to back in sometimes taking up 2 spots. The city inspectors come in force 5 at a time writing dumb folks up then telling them to leave. They get mad and come back later still not in compliance. Then there are the folks who speed through the lot. @@@@@@@@. ORD has food trucks, we are not afforded that privilege at MDW. The potholes are huge with no hope the city will patch them. There is a large lot next door, Uber is too cheap to rent that area.
My God the entitlement. You're basically a cab driver and this is the exact same treatment we have been dealing with for years. Dude. Get. Used. To. It. For Christ's sake its not a work day for me if I don't get screamed at by a bunch of dudes from the middle East. Welcome to driving in Chicago son.

ZKUSHIKURIDOTO

why are they idiots for standing around and talking and playing music while waiting for a ping? the idiot is the American who failed at everything America offers and is doing an immigrant job, it is YOU!

ZKUSHIKURIDOTO

My God the entitlement. You're basically a cab driver and this is the exact same treatment we have been dealing with for years. Dude. Get. Used. To. It. For Christ's sake its not a work day for me if I don't get screamed at by a bunch of dudes from the middle East. Welcome to driving in Chicago son.
the reverse is true for most of us. it's weird when we don't see an American who never driven a taxi before trying to navigate the city doing uber

LoveTheBlues

Regardless of ethnicity, age or disability, I might suggest that if either the ORD or MDW staging lot is so full you are fighting with each other over space, it's time to high-tail it out of there to somewhere you have a chance to earn some money within the next few hours. Hey; but perhaps that's just my convoluted thinking.