• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

City Heights sucks.

Buck-a-mile

Drop off on University. Get a ping to City Heights back street.
Street seems normal, mostly apartment buildings.

I pull over at the address and Mr Creepy comes out and starts giving me very menacing looks.
I try to ignore him. He approaches my car, I drive away from the 60 year old nut case.

Around the block because this is the third ride in a $5.50 bonus for 3 consecutive rides. I don't want to cancel, so I just circle the block until she comes out. Mr. Creepy makes a dash for my car. I tell the pax "we godda go, your neighbor is attacking"

"Oh shit, not again."
We bail. I ask if that happens often?.

Its freaking City Heights was her reply.

Transportador

Some places you should avoid, I mean I did this for $5.50, come on?
Uba mak-a-mi cwazy...I was in City Heights and was hungry, car was low on gas. I already exceeded my goal for the week by $200 and it was 7:30 PM on Sunday. Went to get gas and was planning on heading to Chula Vista for a sit down Mexican meal, when the map lit up red! Geez, what an Uba driva to do? Damn it, I turned the app back on. No ping in 5 minutes, surge went to $6.75. So I started driving toward Hillcrest, still no ping. Continued toward the airport...and would you know it, my surge got "UNSTUCK" like they used fake glue. Got a ping in Downtown, nada surge.

I'm hungry and pissed, went to Jack in da Box, and on to SAN lot. I will not do dat again!

Buck-a-mile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uba mak-a-mi cwazy...I was in City Heights and was hungry, car was low on gas. I already exceeded my goal for the week by $200 and it was 7:30 PM on Sunday. Went to get gas and was planning on heading to Chula Vista for a sit down Mexican meal, when the map lit up red! Geez, what an Uba driva to do? Damn it, I turned the app back on. No ping in 5 minutes, surge went to $6.75. So I started driving toward Hillcrest, still no ping. Continued toward the airport...and would you know it, my surge got "UNSTUCK" like they used fake glue. Got a ping in Downtown, nada surge.

I'm hungry and pissed, went to Jack in da Box, and on to SAN lot. I will not do dat again!
How long have we all known, never chase the surge?
But we still do it occasionally.

It never works out for me.....but.

Buck-a-mile

So the key lesson here is: Nobody in City Heights will pay for a surge ride even if their Mama's life depends on it, LOL.

Surges are not really fake, but cheap ass pax are for real.
True dat!
Post automatically merged:

I have picked up some very beautiful young women, dressed to kill, from the crappiest houses in City Heights and have taken them to some of the nicest places downtown.

Careful who you pick up downtown gents.

Last edited:

Otaria

Drop off on University. Get a ping to City Heights back street.
Street seems normal, mostly apartment buildings.

I pull over at the address and Mr Creepy comes out and starts giving me very menacing looks.
I try to ignore him. He approaches my car, I drive away from the 60 year old nut case.

Around the block because this is the third ride in a $5.50 bonus for 3 consecutive rides. I don't want to cancel, so I just circle the block until she comes out. Mr. Creepy makes a dash for my car. I tell the pax "we godda go, your neighbor is attacking"

"Oh shit, not again."
We bail. I ask if that happens often?.

Its freaking City Heights was her reply.

These are the worst areas , for me of course,
Downtown,Bankers Hill, Point Loma, City Heights, and La Jolla Village /Nobel/Genesee

Last edited:

Buck-a-mile

Downtown,Bankers Hill, Point Loma, City Heights, and La Jolla Village /Nobel/Genesee
Add UTC to that list of nightmares.

Also for some reason I always seem to have problems near the border area. I don't know the roads down there Uber Maps suck near the border. I just kind of avoid the Border and CTX.

LD598

I have picked up some very beautiful young women, dressed to kill, from the crappiest houses in City Heights and have taken them to some of the nicest places downtown.

Careful who you pick up downtown gents.
+1.

Make sure ya’ll are double baggin’ it as well. Sharks in the water....

Mr. MJG

You forgot Santa Luz ..Rancho Sante Fe ..and Fairbanks Rancho..no tips there unless your destination is there..🤔..avoid those " possible premium ride" B.S. that are a couple miles away..not worth it with those well to do millenial offsprings.

Buck-a-mile

You forgot Santa Luz ..Rancho Sante Fe ..and Fairbanks Rancho..no tips there unless your destination is there..🤔..avoid those " possible premium that are a couple miles away..not worth it with those well to do millenial offsprings.
Most of those areas use private drivers.
I see the poor guys waiting outside the Raintree next to their lemos. Drive 30 minutes, wait 7 hours.

Pings there suck.
If they don't include a gate code, don't go without asking for it. CXL if they don't answer.

And..... No the rich don't tip.
You don't get rich by giving money away.

Andre Benjamin 6000

Yeah I’m not a fan of City Heights either....crappy roads, drivers doing dumb shit, cheap pax & ive caught way too many tire punctures over there, picking up ppl in alleys. Pedestrians jay walking, almost daring me to hit them....smh

Like someone else said, Rancho Sante Fe/Fairbanks blows because of long pickups & tons of non-tippers, for me atleast. Also the lack of street lighting at night is annoying to me as well.

Transportador

Add UTC to that list of nightmares.

Also for some reason I always seem to have problems near the border area. I don't know the roads down there Uber Maps suck near the border. I just kind of avoid the Border and CTX.
The border and CBX are good. You do need to look at the map and not follow the app since some roads are prone to flooding and under construction. Many truck drivers take short rides so if you know how to avoid those you're good. Otherwise, many rides go long distance from there, if you like long rides.

I get border to downtown, to SAN, to LA, and once to 29 Palms.

Andre Benjamin 6000

The border and CBX are good. You do need to look at the map and not follow the app since some roads are prone to flooding and under construction. Many truck drivers take short rides so if you know how to avoid those you're good. Otherwise, many rides go long distance from there, if you like long rides.

I get border to downtown, to SAN, to LA, and once to 29 Palms.
Thumbs up to all of that except 29 Palms. Lol!