CIty Council weighs yellow cab bailouts, restrictions on Uber and Lyft

Inshur

Brooklyn

Although I think it’s bs and they’re just running “studies” to show they’re trying.. we’ll see what happens.

Remember the last time they ran a study it showed Uber didn’t cause more traffic.. so let’s wait and see what the plan is.

This might be the city councils way of telling the hedge fund to pay them off to help fix the prices.

Frankyfiggs

Hrm. Could work in favor of current app drivers and operators if they limited plates, which would probably be how they would do it.

Would work in favor of current drivers if they decreased the licensing per year. i dont see how they could legally restrict a company on number of rides without a lawsuit from hell

theitalian

Hrm. Could work in favor of current app drivers and operators if they limited plates, which would probably be how they would do it.

Would work in favor of current drivers if they decreased the licensing per year. i dont see how they could legally restrict a company on number of rides without a lawsuit from hell
They have to introduce a turnover. Every 1000 licence dropped they add 10 drivers. Btw that report was a joke missing many points.

TheFixer1

Nothing will change, nothing but talk from a city agency, yea, let's see what we can do now, now that you are all under water and in foreclosure proceedings, and your investment that was sold to you by the city is worth pennies to the dollar.

Inshur New York