Inshur

Citroen c5 2011 automatic for sale

Too much busy

Citroen c5 ,11 plate automatic 107000 miles runs perfect , 42 mpg 65£-500 miles, uber resdy 5000£ !
If interesed call 07586321490

Jay Ho

Not for me, mileage is too high and don't like French cars, very concern there realibility.

UberLuxbod

I am sure the C5 Auto of that year has a Japanese Aisin Autobox.

I am certain it owes a fair bit to the mk4 Mondeo. Unless you go for the hydraulic suspension instead of steel suspension.

I personally wouldn't give £5k for it, but that's just me.

Hogster

I'd steer clear of the 1.6 model, the 2.0 litre diesel is far stronger and cheaper to repair, also the top 2.0 diesel model has the hydractive suspension and good comfort.
1.6 auto has the electric clutch & 6 speed egs box, monstrously expensive to fix when it goes wrong

UberLuxbod

I'd steer clear of the 1.6 model, the 2.0 litre diesel is far stronger and cheaper to repair, also the top 2.0 diesel model has the hydractive suspension and good comfort.
1.6 auto has the electric clutch & 6 speed egs box, monstrously expensive to fix when it goes wrong
I read on a Citreon forum a while ago that the C5 isn't lumbered with the EGS box as found on most Citreon Autos.

But rather a proper torque Convertor box from Aisin.

Hogster

I read on a Citreon forum a while ago that the C5 isn't lumbered with the EGS box as found on most Citreon Autos.

But rather a proper torque Convertor box from Aisin.
When I went to a Citroen main dealer in Mid 2013, the sales guy showed me the 1.6 Diesel with the EGS semi-auto box and the 2.0 litre diesel with the "full auto" version with torque convertor

On the 1.6 a new clutch, DMF and gear actuator can set you back £2100 or £1400 if the actuator is not on the way out

2.0 litre full auto is far more reliable and as I said has the decent suspension

UberLuxbod

When I went to a Citroen main dealer in Mid 2013, the sales guy showed me the 1.6 Diesel with the EGS semi-auto box and the 2.0 litre diesel with the "full auto" version with torque convertor

On the 1.6 a new clutch, DMF and gear actuator can set you back £2100 or £1400 if the actuator is not on the way out

2.0 litre full auto is far more reliable and as I said has the decent suspension
It must be the 2.0d that has the Aisin box then. The 2.0d is a good engine well proven in Galaxys, Mondeos, 407, various Volvos etc.

Definitely not a fan of the automated manual EGS box either, well maybe if the only other choice was a manual and the car was on lease with full maintenance !!

essexman

It must be the 2.0d that has the Aisin box then. The 2.0d is a good engine well proven in Galaxys, Mondeos, 407, various Volvos etc.

Definitely not a fan of the automated manual EGS box either, well maybe if the only other choice was a manual and the car was on lease with full maintenance !!
The 2010 onwards Autobox on the Ford Galaxy is a pile of shit power shift one it only lasts 20k miles sometimes got a garage near me does 16 changes of them a week but the earlier 2007 to 2009 jap box lasted forever.

UberLuxbod

The 2010 onwards Autobox on the Ford Galaxy is a pile of shit power shift one it only lasts 20k miles sometimes got a garage near me does 16 changes of them a week but the earlier 2007 to 2009 jap box lasted forever.

The Powershift and the box before that were miles better than the crap box fitted to the Sharans AddLee had before, they were a real chocolate box.

The issue with the Powershift is it needs to be maintained properly.

The judder when pulling away sometimes is just a characteristic of the box, the 11plate I had did it sometimes.

I think you are being a bit over critical as most PH Galaxys have done mega miles, with an awful lot being worked from day one with AddLee or Keen.

They are pricey to fix though because it is difficult to find somebody other than Ford to fix it.

I haven't heard any info from people I know at AddLee to say they are replacing them, they used to change the Sharan boxes on all of them at around 70/80k regardless.

Let's not forget a Powershift will give 45mpg (in my experience) and the older one will give low 30's to the gallon.

essexman

The Powershift and the box before that were miles better than the crap box fitted to the Sharans AddLee had before, they were a real chocolate box.

The issue with the Powershift is it needs to be maintained properly.

The judder when pulling away sometimes is just a characteristic of the box, the 11plate I had did it sometimes.

I think you are being a bit over critical as most PH Galaxys have done mega miles, with an awful lot being worked from day one with AddLee or Keen.

They are pricey to fix though because it is difficult to find somebody other than Ford to fix it.

I haven't heard any info from people I know at AddLee to say they are replacing them, they used to change the Sharan boxes on all of them at around 70/80k regardless.

Let's not forget a Powershift will give 45mpg (in my experience) and the older one will give low 30's to the gallon.
I'm just going by this company http://www.m25garage.co.uk

I live near them and he does all of carrot cars gatwick cars galaxy's and quite a few others company's I've never owned the later one still drive the older one and he was saying how many boxs he does but your right they are all cabs and most are company vehicles so would get abused more by them company's.Only reason I wanted newer Galaxy was for them extra 10 miles to Gallon maybe I'll take risk next year see if he'll give me a discount on the 1600 for a new box lol.