Citations are being issued for airport pickups.

caitlin Wadford

I'm really not worried. The people who get citations are the ones who are not contacting the passengers and are waiting for them. I call when I get the ping and make sure I'm picking them up from whichever terminal and then I call them when I'm close to the terminal. I don't stop traffic. I pick up quickly and leave

nomad_driver

I have to admit I've been doing more airport pickups. My first one was from my secret not so secret spot to get a ping without waiting to Buckhead. After a bathroom break at Phipps I got a nearby ride back to the airport. I ate lunch in the cell phone lot for about 30 minutes and then I got a ride to Alpharetta. This one for a second I thought was a police sting because the pickup location was at the fire station a the end of the North terminal. My undercover uber cops was only a fantasy, because when I called him he said he was at N3. My last ride was within 5 minutes of dropping the guy off in Alpharetta was surprise surprise back to the airport.

gentry

Well -- the article state that they were only 2 or 3 weeks away from a solution! I'll start holding my breath.

iptaylm

Is it really that hard for UBER to remove uber pings until this all gets settled at the airport. I flew in yesterday and while waiting on my wife to pick me up I turned on the uber app just to see what would happen. I could order x, xl, select, SUV, Black without a problem. I though that x and XL were illegal to do pickup's at this time? Why confuse the customer who has no idea?

nomad_driver

I had two pick ups from the international terminal within 30 minutes. The cops were out directing traffic and I had to stop within shouting distance of one. The second time around I ended up in the same spot and I though for sure the cop would recognize me. So like the clever uber driver I am I took my sunglasses off thinking "he'll never recognize me now."

Last edited:

Atlrunner

After about 700 Airport pickups, I got my first citation for picking up a passenger. The airport was fairly quite when I got the citation. Guess it was easy for the cop to give the citation because he wasn't holding up any traffic.

Went to the Uber office the the staff says "You are not supposed to pickup at the airport and so you do it at your own risk. It is on the table right now. If you get a citation, Uber will pay it."

Suffice to say, I plan to continue pickups because the odds are in my favor and I make most of my money from the airport. Every dog has its day I guess.

Chip Dawg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After about 700 Airport pickups, I got my first citation for picking up a passenger. The airport was fairly quite when I got the citation. Guess it was easy for the cop to give the citation because he wasn't holding up any traffic.

Went to the Uber office the the staff says "You are not supposed to pickup at the airport and so you do it at your own risk. It is on the table right now. If you get a citation, Uber will pay it."

Suffice to say, I plan to continue pickups because the odds are in my favor and I make most of my money from the airport. Every dog has its day I guess.
Cops can give you criminal trespass. Keep doing it.

Nat-urality

May I ask how much is the citation?

Atlrunner

I will post a reducted copy of the citation later. Not sure how much the citation is. I have to wait until it appears online. This citation doesn't deter me that much really. It was just my turn to be unlucky today.

The airport is a great passenger pick up point. To get a citation after 700+ pickups only shows that the odds are in my favor. I don't do pickups during the day and the cops had nothing to do since it was quite. I will continue evening and night pickups as I have always done. Those waiting for Uber to be legal at the airport, good luck with the wait because it was supposed to be sorted out in early July. Remember we are dealing with politicians and Uber here.