• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cisco Live Concert tonight

Transportador

Cisco is hosting a big concert tonight at Petco Park. Foo Fighters will headline. Watch out for very heavy traffic downtown. If you're lucky you get to bring people to the concert then bail and stay away from there, avoiding those tiny rides. Most Cisco Live attendants stay downtown, but some stay in hotels throughout San Diego due to rooms being all booked. I've been lucky with most of my rides have been with the people who stay outside of downtown.

I used to work for Cisco in San Jose, left them to come to San Diego. Glad they're in town with this conference instead of San Francisco like the other big tech companies.

Transportador

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want this song: The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine, He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine ...

I also want to pick up pax who is so drunk that they put their office or home address in San Jose as the drop off LOL

CJfrom619

Got a few shorts ones with $7+ surge then one out to El Cajon...a couple good hours. Its funny how you want short rides in surge now to stay in the area to rack up a few rides. I set my destination when I was in DT to Shelter Island just to grab a few in surge so the first one wouldn’t take me out of the area.

Transportador

I actually got $15 surge pay out of a $9.75 surge. They do pay extra surge, and still took 40% of the fare. The rider paid around $50 for the ride. The extra surge seems to be based on the fare, not the distance. On non surge rides, Uber takes 20% to 25%. On surge rides 40%.

IMG_0597.PNG

Post automatically merged:

I saw it was a 3.2 old surge
Really? For riders?

NCRBILL

I actually got $15 surge pay out of a $9.75 surge. They do pay extra surge, and still took 40% of the fare. The rider paid around $50 for the ride. The extra surge seems to be based on the fare, not the distance. On non surge rides, Uber takes 20% to 25%. On surge rides 40%.

View attachment 328232
Post automatically merged:

Really? For riders?
Yep

Transportador

We should protest by driving non surge rides only hahaha. Either that or roll up and offer pax mid rate cash rides for them to cancel Uber...wish it was legal!