• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cigarette Smokers Ugh!

IR12

I hate it when pax is smoking as you pull up They take a few extra long puffs, and of course one final puff just as they open the door & blow smoke out as if it won't blow back inside totally stinking up interior.

I am not a smoker & always wonder why people have a mate that doesn't smoke but tolerates the disgusting smell.

IR12

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep perfume. Some people are idiots & practically bathe in it.

Chain smokers reek because its in their pores, hair, clothing & smells like an overflowing ashtray. Could be, I'm more sensitive but I think cigarette smokers are just inconsiderate.

ECOMCON

I hate it when pax is smoking as you pull up They take a few extra long puffs, and of course one final puff just as they open the door & blow smoke out as if it won't blow back inside totally stinking up interior.

I am not a smoker & always wonder why people have a mate that doesn't smoke but tolerates the disgusting smell.
I'm a former smoker:
I pass on this info to the pax that Reeks and they're VERY appreciative usually with a $ tip

I read a book "the easy way to stop smoking" by Allan Carr
small book.
by the end of the book I stopped smoking. That was 6 years ago an never smoked again

The author, once smoked 4 packs a day, and assured the readers that by the end of the book you will stop.

He agrees that we LIKE smoking. We all have different reasons to quit. For me it was expense. Smoking was costing me $300 monthly, that's like a car payment. Some it's the stink, the social outcast status, standing in the cold to grab a smoke, and for some health.

He doesn't bombard u with health and cancer reasons. He assumes we're all adults and know that stuff.

His trick is he give a Name to that: "feeling in the center of your chest u get when needing a cigarette"
"The little monster"

Who will win? The little monster or U.

Check it out on Amazon. Used versions are dirt cheap

IR12

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! Sounds like a read worth investing in. Will tell my co-worker who struggles w/the little monster.

UberBastid

My wife went to a psychiatrist for hypnosis.
NOT one of these group things ... but, one-on-one.
It worked just fine.

Shrink walked out to the waiting room, professionally dressed and really quite pretty. She told me that "She's under right now, resting. She will never smoke again. She wants to quit and is highly accepting to post hypnotic suggestion."
I said, "That's great doc. Hey, as long as you have her under ... could you make a suggestion that when I say a code word, she, um .... well, you know ... dad gets a little extra boom-boom?"
She looked at me aghast.
I said, "You know. She falls over backward with her feet in the air when I say a secret word. I'd be willing to throw in an extra hundred bux. Wadda ya say doc?"

No sense of humor.
I was only kidding. Well, kinda.

So, I dunno what she said to wifey when she went back in, but I didn't get any action for a month after that.

Sacto Burbs

Lock.the.doors.

Canceled on 2 of those recently. And told them “I don’t take smokers”.

Always get “but I put it out?”

seymour

I am a smoker and I also hate picking up pax who are just putting a cig out as you arrive.They often apologize - "didn't realize you'd be here so soon" - I crack down their window right away and by the time I drop em off I am craving my next fix lol

Sacto Burbs

I always think it’s funny that the only way to avoid smoke when you’re walking behind a lit cigarette is to make sure that your face is right next to the smokers face - because smokers hate smoke blowing in their own their face.

I play games with them all the time - pretending that I don’t even know they’re there - first I come way too close on the side they’re holding their cigarette - get really close so that if they move their arm they going to burn me.

Makes them jump.

then I drop back a little bit.

then I move to the other side and I track them a shoulder to shoulder for the entire time they’re holding their cigarette because that is the only way to get away from the smoke.

Never say a word.

Never make eye contact.

ECOMCON

I always think it’s funny that the only way to avoid smoke when you’re walking behind a lit cigarette is to make sure that your face is right next to the smokers face - because smokers hate smoke blowing in their own their face.

I play games with them all the time - pretending that I don’t even know they’re there - first I come way too close on the side they’re holding their cigarette - get really close so that if they move their arm they going to burn me.

Makes them jump.

then I drop back a little bit.

then I move to the other side and I track them a shoulder to shoulder for the entire time they’re holding their cigarette because that is the only way to get away from the smoke.

Never say a word.

Never make eye contact.
Dude
U need different hobby.

Sacto Burbs

Hey, I’m just walking down the street.

Trying to get somewhere.

Defending my turf. Against drug addicts. Who pollute the air. My air.

What do you do?

RideShareJUNKIE

I make sure i collect my $5 from lyft for those last inconsiderate drags as i was approaching. The look on their faces as i roll away and them realizing they just put out a cig that had 3 more drags left, and now they dont have any other smokes to light up while they wait for the 2nd driver to have a look at the stinky situation. You try enough times you will run into a driver that will happy to take you and your smokes to the short hope to bart or whatever.

Bob fox

i drive off

Gibman73

There honestly, in my opinion, should be “SMOKER” choices in the cancellation and sub 5* menus.

Really though something I’ve started to notice is the number of cars I see with an Uber stickers and a hand out of the driver window with a cigarette.

RideShareJUNKIE

Really though something I’ve started to notice is the number of cars I see with an Uber stickers and a hand out of the driver window with a cigarette.
I notice that too, with rideshare drivers. Do they realize that the car usually will smell like it even though its held outside. I mean the stench is pretty sticky to anything in the vicinity. I guess those ants dont use cannabis.

UberBastid

I notice that too, with rideshare drivers. Do they realize that the car usually will smell like it even though its held outside. I mean the stench is pretty sticky to anything in the vicinity. I guess those ants dont use cannabis.
Either that or they have the sense to not GAF about losing a $10 per hour job.