Christmas in July, I will share one of my strategies

UberIsAllFubared

Since I don't really work past midnight anymore (yes one of the benefits of the medal program is I don't have to do barf hour and those great surges), I will share one of my strategies for getting long rides.

Any time after midnight, but really its better between 1-4 am, I would go to area's where there are clubs. A lot of people make the mistake and go to bars, imho, this is a mistake. The people who go to bars are usually locals, so they wind up being short rides, Clubs on the other hand are a different story. Clubs tend to be more destination events, and therefore, at least from my experience, a lot longer rides. Most all of my "club" rides were significant rides, in fact, I can't remember even one short club ride. For me, the best places to get club rides were in Hollywood, specifically Hollywood and Vine area. Downtown LA by 6th and Spring was pretty good too, and West Hollywood by Boa.

Good luck everyone.

FUberX

What can I say, I'm a giver.

Haven't worked those hours since the incentives, so I figured I would be Santa
Who's to say incentives will last forever...good spots are good spots...

I don't usually work late either but I'd never blatantly give any spots, because then everyone will saturate. With that said I have a few honey holes throughout the city...this isn't one of them but I usually get hits from that club from a mile away

Ketofats

even if you don't blatantly give any spots, the time will come where it will saturate and then you move on to the next. Just my opinion but a honey hole doesn't last past a certain time. What you thought was dead at 1 point in time all of a sudden becomes a honey hole so to me you really have to know everything inside out 100 percent because stuff is always changing.

rudygti

even if you don't blatantly give any spots, the time will come where it will saturate and then you move on to the next. Just my opinion but a honey hole doesn't last past a certain time. What you thought was dead at 1 point in time all of a sudden becomes a honey hole so to me you really have to know everything inside out 100 percent because stuff is always changing.
you mean all of life is in a state of flux...

ubermonkey

who would of thought a club at 2 am where people are drinking and need a ride home

would be a great location for uber :rolleyes:

after you miss the last call surge at 2 am it starts to die out from 3-4am then surges back up for morning lax runs

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
who would of thought a club at 2 am where people are drinking and need a ride home

would be a great location for uber :rolleyes:

after you miss the last call surge at 2 am it starts to die out from 3-4am then surges back up for morning lax runs
My point was, there is a HUGE difference between Bar Ride and Club Ride especially when its surging 3X. Last thing you want at that time is to go three quarters of a mile to take someone home.

Joe123456

Since I don't really work past midnight anymore (yes one of the benefits of the medal program is I don't have to do barf hour and those great surges), I will share one of my strategies for getting long rides.

Any time after midnight, but really its better between 1-4 am, I would go to area's where there are clubs. A lot of people make the mistake and go to bars, imho, this is a mistake. The people who go to bars are usually locals, so they wind up being short rides, Clubs on the other hand are a different story. Clubs tend to be more destination events, and therefore, at least from my experience, a lot longer rides. Most all of my "club" rides were significant rides, in fact, I can't remember even one short club ride. For me, the best places to get club rides were in Hollywood, specifically Hollywood and Vine area. Downtown LA by 6th and Spring was pretty good too, and West Hollywood by Boa.

Good luck everyone.
Thanks

Old Smokey

Incentives are not going to last forever. Wall Street is telling Fuber to split China and for both companies stop giving away the free rides. They are getting impatient with FUBER they want an IPO so they can cash out.

My Limo

Incentives won't last forever and going to bars is not going to help when theirs a bar across the street
It's probably safe to say incentives are here to stay for a very long time, unless more and more people on this forum keep posting every week how surprised and thrilled they are that they're getting them again next week, also those who say uber giving away free money.Drivers being simple minded about this and uber will pull the plug on incentives, since they monitor this forum to keep up with the out side world. Again they're not giving away free money, 1.6 or 1.8 x are the minimum requirement for this job, incentives and hourly garrantys cost uber less than advertising $ they spend on new recruits and sign-up bonuses.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's probably safe to say incentives are here to stay for a very long time, unless more and more people on this forum keep posting every week how surprised and thrilled they are that they're getting them again next week, also those who say uber giving away free money.Drivers being simple minded about this and uber will pull the plug on incentives, since they monitor this forum to keep up with the out side world. Again they're not giving away free money, 1.6 or 1.8 x are the minimum requirement for this job, incentives and hourly garrantys cost uber less than advertising $ they spend on new recruits and sign-up bonuses.

As soon as incentives stop, I will only drive the surge. I don't work for free

Tedgey

Incentives are not going to last forever. Wall Street is telling Fuber to split China and for both companies stop giving away the free rides. They are getting impatient with FUBER they want an IPO so they can cash out.
Yeah. At some point in time they're going to have to show some, what's that word I'm thinking of, PROFIT????

There's too many investors with too much money tied up in it and they're going to insist on an IPO which means Travis will have to go, some real management will take over, prices will go up, these incentives will go away. Who knows what'll happen for sure but endless losses is no way to run a company.