• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Christie signs the bill, and what it means for us

njn

Mandatory trade dress.

123. A transportation network company shall create an identifying marker which shall be submitted to the commission for recording, issued to every transportation network company driver, and displayed on the driver’s personal vehicle when the driver logs on to the transportation network company’s digital network as a driver or provides a prearranged ride.

Personal insurance can still deny coverage.

2. a. Notwithstanding the “Motor Vehicle Security-Responsibility Law,” P.L.1952, c.173 (C.39:6-23 et seq.) and P.L.1972, c.197 (C.39:6B-1 et seq.), an insurance company duly licensed to transact business under the insurance laws of this State may exclude any and all coverage afforded under a private passenger automobile insurance policy issued to an owner or operator of a personal vehicle for any loss or injury that occurs while the personal vehicle is being used by a transportation network company driver and the driver is logged on to a transportation network company’s digital network 1[as a driver]1 or is providing a prearranged ride.

TheNJBen

They'll probably do what they do with PA drivers and just extend insurance to cover drivers whenever the app is on. As I am already registered in the PA market I already have that

Uber-licious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just hope it's not like NY where the driver pays the insurance. If that happens, game over

nickd8775

The shore towns knew legalization was inevitable so last summer they had to cash in before that revenue source dried up. They knew that the money was ultimately coming from Uber, not the drivers.

anteetr

You crazy lol!!! I don't even work in philly now.
Jersey is my twist now. Forget philly unless it's eagle season or philly events.
Philly was so beat last night. The final insult was the 4 minute surge that never got over 2 at closing time. Hot garbage :mad:

Jeff1205

Don't care for the trade dress but if it helps these idiots who ask me if I am Uber even though they have my pic, license plate, and make of car I guess I am for it.

Gooch1001

They'll probably do what they do with PA drivers and just extend insurance to cover drivers whenever the app is on. As I am already registered in the PA market I already have that
Could you elaborate on the details? Did your current insurance company "extend insurance to cover drivers whenever the app is on" or did you have to switch to a new insurance company, e.g. Farmers to get coverage whenever the app is on? If your current insurance company extended coverage, was there an increase in the monthly fee? I'm just trying to get an idea of what might happen to the insurance here at the Jersey Shore. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dice Man Tips 3
Mista T Portland 3
A Toronto 7