Inshur

Frank Underwood

Any driver at this point who offers; water, mints or any sort of refreshment at this point is a doofus. No disrespect to my fellow drivers on this forum but Uber + Lyft are low paying services. This is not a black car service and should be as bare bones as possible. It shocks me when I meet drivers who literally open doors, offer candy/refreshment and act afraid of customers. It's like indentured servitude for these drivers. We must take back control. I do not let riders take control of the sound system. They are complete morons. They would never do that in their friends vehicle much less a stranger. Apply that standard. I leave it on Z100 or 103.5. I personally dislike Hot97 and their degenerate/boring music. If they are cool and ask, sure I will change it but I will not raise the volume beyond a comfortable level. Plain and simple.

I do not offer charging cables, aux cable or anything of the sorts in addition. There is no reason on planet Earth for me to offer such. Even most airlines do not offer such amenities. We need to take a stand. It is the only way to stop these morons. I only have one chord and that's a USB Type-C for my Lg G5 which I will not unplug under any circumstance. All it takes is for us to share this sort of knowledge with one driver, one day at a time and we can make a huge difference.

Avoid customers with low ratings unless you ABSOLUTELY have to. There is no reason to ever pick up a customer below 4.5 and make sure to never accept a customer unless you see their rating.

Evlesoa

Any driver at this point who offers; water, mints or any sort of refreshment at this point is a doofus. No disrespect to my fellow drivers on this forum but Uber + Lyft are low paying services. This is not a black car service and should be as bare bones as possible. It shocks me when I meet drivers who literally open doors, offer candy/refreshment and act afraid of customers. It's like indentured servitude for these drivers. We must take back control. I do not let riders take control of the sound system. They are complete morons. They would never do that in their friends vehicle much less a stranger. Apply that standard. I leave it on Z100 or 103.5. I personally dislike Hot97 and their degenerate/boring music. If they are cool and ask, sure I will change it but I will not raise the volume beyond a comfortable level. Plain and simple.

I do not offer charging cables, aux cable or anything of the sorts in addition. There is no reason on planet Earth for me to offer such. Even most airlines do not offer such amenities. We need to take a stand. It is the only way to stop these morons. I only have one chord and that's a USB Type-C for my Lg G5 which I will not unplug under any circumstance. All it takes is for us to share this sort of knowledge with one driver, one day at a time and we can make a huge difference.

Avoid customers with low ratings unless you ABSOLUTELY have to. There is no reason to ever pick up a customer below 4.5 and make sure to never accept a customer unless you see their rating.
Talk about being jaded, lol, but it's only Uber itself that brought this upon us. You got a point, nonetheless.

Syed Imran

Agreed. I would never give any water or food to passengers.

But, I do open doors for old people, I don’t care for rating or tips; but at the end of the day, I am a human being with morals. I won’t let Uber suck my soul.

Saw a guy full suit and tie in the city picking up pools. Smh. This is why rates will never increase.

What’s wrong with a suit?

Evlesoa

Agreed. I would never give any water or food to passengers.

But, I do open doors for old people, I don’t care for rating or tips; but at the end of the day, I am a human being with morals. I won’t let Uber suck my soul.

What’s wrong with a suit?
The wrong part of it is if you're an Uber driver. You make minimum wage but this is equivalent to a bum dressing up as an exec. A bum is still a bum, no matter the clothes.

THE_TRAN$PORTER

Man! You never lied! LMAO!!! What about when drivers come out of their vehicle plating traffic cop for their passenger?

Ardery

HAH!

I offer my passengers bags of doritos, mini pringles cans, and sparkling water.

Frank Underwood

HAH!

I offer my passengers bags of doritos, mini pringles cans, and sparkling water.

Why would you offer any passenger condiments on such a cheap ride? Even airlines barely offer these things. I do a cost benefit analysis of my operations and realise it is not beneficial for me to offer anything. Not at these bottom of the barrel rates. Point A to point B in a safe, clean car. I am also a very safe driver. That's all!

Salvi

Why would you offer any passenger condiments on such a cheap ride? Even airlines barely offer these things. I do a cost benefit analysis of my operations and realise it is not beneficial for me to offer anything. Not at these bottom of the barrel rates. Point A to point B in a safe, clean car. I am also a very safe driver. That's all!
We as "business owners" shud be allowed to sell water, chargers, aux, etc in our cars. I know tlc doesn't like that but then it will be worth it. Nothing is free. If tlc never finds out how bad can it be

BOO3

I bet you use waze too no matter what? Often times it takes you the longer route. If they don’t like it raise your arms in the air and angrily suggest why they didn’t give you directions!

BigBadDriver

I guess its just me. I pay attention to the stuff going on around me - traffic, bikers, pedestrians, traffic lights - that type of thing.

I dont check license plates (I could give a f*ck if its a T75 or T57) or whether another car has a passenger.

Everyone has their own style.

Uber on. . .

Inshur New York