• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Child seats

Mark Folse

La. RS RS 32:295 exempts "commercial...taxis" from requiring child seats. But we're not taxis. What is everyone's take on this. I've transported children with their parents without seats (usually tourists) but am reconsidering. I don't want to be a test case for Uber.

tohunt4me

La. RS RS 32:295 exempts "commercial...taxis" from requiring child seats. But we're not taxis. What is everyone's take on this. I've transported children with their parents without seats (usually tourists) but am reconsidering. I don't want to be a test case for Uber.
Hard to tell a young working mother trying to get her kid to daycare so she can work no.
Everyone has to decide for themselves to take that call or not.

All I know,is bigger laws than seat belts laws being broke all day.
Bunch of unsolved murders.
I think traffic cameras write most of the tickets.

Nolagal71

Screw dem kids! If they wanna save $10 riding uber, they gotta go by your rules! They not even in YOUR car that YOU pay a car note on and personal insurance for when your app is off. Ride at your own risk. I wish aberch would try to install afackin car seat before the 93 goes from park to drive!

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoFiddyMile

I exclusively work the hood now (in my taxi).
When I get a ping to a baby momma (or baby daddy) who has a baby in a car seat I steel myself for the inevitable.
You see, I'm dealing with a class of people who won't buckle the car seat in.
WTF?
Today I had one. Guy had twins (as do I).
He placed their car seats...One in a bucket seat and one on the FLOOR.
Then he told me an address.
"Sorry sir, I can't drive until you buckle each car seat in".
"I'm only going up the STREET!"
"Not until you buckle the car seats in..."
Seriously?
What a tool. People should need a LICENSE to reproduce.

Xanvel

I exclusively work the hood now (in my taxi).
When I get a ping to a baby momma (or baby daddy) who has a baby in a car seat I steel myself for the inevitable.
You see, I'm dealing with a class of people who won't buckle the car seat in.
WTF?
Today I had one. Guy had twins (as do I).
He placed their car seats...One in a bucket seat and one on the FLOOR.
Then he told me an address.
"Sorry sir, I can't drive until you buckle each car seat in".
"I'm only going up the STREET!"
"Not until you buckle the car seats in..."
Seriously?
What a tool. People should need a LICENSE to reproduce.
Damn shame, treating his kids like excess luggage...

Xanvel

It would save tax payers to much money. Our government can't have that.
Wrong. Government exists to enslave the masses. As long as we exist, they thrive... It would be counterproductive to them to cull their chattel...

Xanvel

China does it. There is something like a two child limit per woman. Any more than two means abortion.
They have since rescinded that rule. It was last enforced in the early 90's, but people kept killing the females, so there became a shortage... and it was "One Couple, one child"
Go figure.

Last edited: