Chico, CA. Untapped market.

Uber_Yota_916

Look at the map. Better than words.
Screenshot_20170916-204754.png

maebeme

Do you drive there much? I'm almost surprised at the need with how many college kids there are. Maybe most don't have cars?

Uber_Yota_916

So how many actual rides? It can surge but people wont request.
Never had a day without requests in Chico. I've had good results up there after dropping off airport trips. There was only 4-5 Uber drivers and 1-2 Lyft drivers on a Saturday night.

NUBER-LE

Hmmmmmmmm kinda far out tho for me. I have been sticking too Downtown and Davis and Folsom. Keep making that money tho.

I also noticed a wave of new drivers on tje weekends, I take UBER as a passenger sometimes.

UberBastid

All very short rides. During the day its take em from the dorm to the college. From one part of the college to another part. Short, minimum rides with no tipping allowed. I never got a tip there.
At night? Forget about it.
Kids don't know how to act when they drink, and they don't know when to stop.
Yea, I know, there are some adults like that -- but most of us learn.
With these kids, they're still learning. Nights are really not worth it.

Uber Crack

Author
All very short rides. During the day its take em from the dorm to the college. From one part of the college to another part. Short, minimum rides with no tipping allowed. I never got a tip there.
I was also thinking it may be short rides and drunk kids... Kind of like Davis? Yeah? At least going out of midtown Sacramento there are many Pax going 20 mins out to suburbs /surrounding towns.

UberBastid

I was also thinking it may be short rides and drunk kids... Kind of like Davis? Yeah? At least going out of midtown Sacramento there are many Pax going 20 mins out to suburbs /surrounding towns.
Yea, I drove down there from Redding a couple of times.
I used to have a 'regular' that went to Chico once a week from Redding. We did the trip off the books, and I'd sign on and drive there while she did her thing; then when she was done she'd call me and we'd go home.
Constantly busy with very, very few rides over $4. They never, ever tipped.
When you did get an actual adult, they were snooty and superior to you.

Tiffa y

Driving in Chico is a little tricky. The surge doesn’t last very long and there is always 10 plus drivers. I put in 12 hours today and made about 100 bucks. Normally Thursday to Sunday are pretty good but I think we are getting hit with new drivers.

Uber_Yota_916

Driving in Chico is a little tricky. The surge doesn’t last very long and there is always 10 plus drivers. I put in 12 hours today and made about 100 bucks. Normally Thursday to Sunday are pretty good but I think we are getting hit with new drivers.
That is weird. Uber and Lyft must be advertising in chico. When I was up there l, when I started this post, there were 1-2 drivers.

Wings2000

Well, unfortunately Chico State has a huge reputation for basically being a party school. At least UC Davis has some academic prestige that goes back over 100 years.

I haven't driven much in Davis yet, but when I have I got adults in the outlying neighborhoods who were fine, even while inebriated.

Although I had one guy, who was the first stop of two, try to hand me a credit/debit card to pay for his trip before he got out. His friend was the one who requested the ride so he started laughing at him and said, "It's not like an actual taxi and bullsh*t. I already paid for it on the app, it's already taken care of." Of course he proceeded to call him a [email protected]$s as he stumbled out of the car with his dog. Lol. But I appreciated his attempt to take responsibility for his portion of the ride.