Uber Drivers Forum banner

Chicago Uber driver accused of sexually assaulting 23-year-old passenger

3K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  RamzFanz 
#1 ·
Prosecutors say the car he was driving is registered with Uber under his wife's name.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/174393989-story

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - A Chicago Uber driver is accused of sexually assaulting a passenger.

Police say Alexander Marrero picked up a 23-year-old woman on the early morning of June 26th. The woman had been drinking.

Prosecutors say she passed out a couple times during the ride. But when she woke up, her shorts and underwear were down around her ankles and Marrero was assaulting her.
Marrero has a wife and three kids.

See less See more
#21 ·
here in st. Louis over drivers have been arrested for driving 8 Miles drunk on the interstate highway and one of the drivers had three prior DWIs also a convicted murderer one man with a suspended license to pedophiles on the sex offender list and three ex-cons who were still on probation ;wow what advertising statement, I guess whoever said any publicity is good publicity had not heard of uber

#12 ·
So I guess he was able to pass Ubers stringent background checks even though,

"Marrero had been arrested previously for several misdemeanors, including solicitation of an unlawful business, marijuana possession, and domestic battery, and he was convicted of criminal trespass and disorderly conduct, according to court records."

#14 ·
I wonder what the Chicago aldermen will think about fingerprint based background checks now? If I remember right they were planning a 6 month evaluation period.
Unfortunately, this Morrero has made Fingerprinting almost a certainty, when the Chicago city council renders their decision in November. But the key question is whether or not Uber/Lyft will perform the expensive nationwide security investigation, once they have the fingerprints of applicants, and current drivers.

#15 ·
He's certainly one of the more egregious slip-through-the-background-check-cracks examples I've read about:

Marrero had been arrested previously for several misdemeanors, including solicitation of an unlawful business, marijuana possession and domestic battery, and he was convicted of criminal trespass and disorderly conduct, according to court records.

In another report, an Uber spokesperson says Marrero only drove for the company a "few times." As if that makes it better.

#16 ·
He's certainly one of the more egregious slip-through-the-background-check-cracks examples I've read about:

Marrero had been arrested previously for several misdemeanors, including solicitation of an unlawful business, marijuana possession and domestic battery, and he was convicted of criminal trespass and disorderly conduct, according to court records.

In another report, an Uber spokesperson says Marrero only drove for the company a "few times." As if that makes it better.
I can think of at least "one" time too many.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.