Chicago Drivers: Snares, Traps, Dangers, Rip-offs...BEWARE!

UberServant

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/redlight/ct-yellow-light-timing-met-20141223-story.html

Please be aware Chicago has purposely shortened the yellow light timing to increase its revenue...suburban drivers take note, in Chicago it goes from green to red in a blink! If you're used to reasonable yellow light timing from out laying locations this will kill you.

Also of small note a Cook County judge ruled Chicago red light cameras and speeding cameras are illegal...but no one seems to notice or care becuase the city just keeps doing what it does.

I just got caught this very way, coming off the freeway at Irving Park Road and turning right onto Pulaski. I don't deliberately run red lights but as I came down the ramp the light went from green to red almost immediately and a police cruiser was waiting there just for that sole purpose. Instead of the police out there looking for the perpetrators of the 500 killings and 3000 shootings they are hiding in the shadows waiting for honest motorists to commit minor traffic violations. These aren't policement they are glorified taxmen.

http://wgntv.com/2016/02/23/judge-rules-chicago-red-light-speed-camera-tickets-are-void/

Purplestardust

Can someone tell me where to find the TNP terms of agreement? uber's site sucks, and I'm looking online and not sure I'm looking at the correct thing.

WestSubDriver

Can someone tell me where to find the TNP terms of agreement? uber's site sucks, and I'm looking online and not sure I'm looking at the correct thing.
Sign into your Driver account online. When you scroll over where your name appears in the upper right-hand corner, you should see a button for "My Profile". On the right-hand side of the Profile page you should Contracts listed. Its the Rasier Technology Service Agreement December 10 2015.

Nick Manning

I don't think there is. The car has to "rock back" as I understand the definition. The "rule of thumb" is 3 seconds.
I thought this was common knowledge, to be honest. You see a red light camera, make sure you stop BEFORE the line and wait for at least 3 seconds. Then you are free to move about the cabin. :p

jester121

Uber's website says the city emblem paperwork goes on the dash on the passenger side, the city website says driver's side. I've printed out 30 copies and plastered them on all flat surfaces, just to be safe.