Chicago drivers here in Houston

Hey guys, I'm just curious how many Cubs fans are out there. I hear from a lot of passengers that I'm not the only former Chicagoan driving out here. I hear a lot of great things about you!

I'm from Chicago! Been here since April and have already done almost 1k trips. Although my ratings are very high and I love some of the riders (can't blame most of them cuz they have no clue what we really deal with), I'm just about done with Uber due to alot reasons already mentioned in several of these threads (been viewing the threads for a while and just decided to join now as my frustration level is at an all time high).

itsablackmarket

I'm from Chicago! Been here since April and have already done almost 1k trips. Although my ratings are very high and I love some of the riders (can't blame most of them cuz they have no clue what we really deal with), I'm just about done with Uber due to alot reasons already mentioned in several of these threads (been viewing the threads for a while and just decided to join now as my frustration level is at an all time high).

To be honest Uber is worse than playing a slot machine. The risk you take is higher and the reward compared to the risk is literally lower than that of a slot machine.

Play slot machines instead!

That's a lotta driving since april! Your brave to hit that Houston traffic so hard.

Ted1

Wow I have been driving for over a year and still have not hit 1k trips I must really be a slacker lol.

Ya folks, honestly, as I have found out, it's not really about the amount of trips. What's important is the $$$. I did 70 trips this past week but only grossed $700 whereas I've done 40 trips in the past and grossed the same amount. Trip count is overrated for us drivers but obviously great for uber!

Cou-ber

Does it bother anyone that in LA they have a pretty decent incentive structure that based on the previous week's summary assigns you to a level which then gives you 1.3+ on this week's fares? Even on top of these, Uber extends additional incentives that when all said and done allows LA drivers to be able to tolerate the certain grief better. Uber X LA rates are almost identical to Houston's yet I don't believe y'all get any type of incentive that would make the offensive rates less so offensive. Do you?

tohunt4me

Does it bother anyone that in LA they have a pretty decent incentive structure that based on the previous week's summary assigns you to a level which then gives you 1.3+ on this week's fares? Even on top of these, Uber extends additional incentives that when all said and done allows LA drivers to be able to tolerate the certain grief better. Uber X LA rates are almost identical to Houston's yet I don't believe y'all get any type of incentive that would make the offensive rates less so offensive. Do you?
Travis can see their torches & pitchforks from his home.

Ted1

Its a compliment.The less you drive its better for You.If there were more drivers like you Uber wouldn't be getting away with 1970s rate.
Agreed with that statement I can't afford to drive more than that at 0.87 per mile.