Chicago DF reduced back to 2 trips

RogerJS

soon to come to LA?

Attachments

• DBF91D92-251E-4764-994D-57A89269DA14.png
    DBF91D92-251E-4764-994D-57A89269DA14.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 172

SCdave

I don't drive for the "experience". I drive to make money.

Having the extra Destination Filters actually allows me to be "available" for more hours for Uber. It is a valuable tool for Drivers to have a wee bit more control as a driver. This is important since Uber, as a Transportation Company, is ALL about control...of all things Driving Related.

Anyway, there are times of the day/night combined with locations I end up in where my choice is to either use the Destination Filter or to just go Uber Off and make my vehicle unavailable, then deadhead back home or to a location "I want to and choose to" drive Uber On.

Having more Destination Filters then just 2 gives me a cushion that is important for being Uber On and making more money. 2 DFs is just not enough.

So if Uber reverts back to only 2 Destination Filters in the Los Angeles market, then my Uber On Availability will decrease. This is not a maybe but an absolute.

soon to come to LA?
Basically what Uber Chicago is saying is
- Drivers have gained too much control
- Uber Chicago does not like this.
- Uber Chicago knows what is good for for each independent driver, more so then those drivers. You know, like Drivers are Employees.

Short version. F'k Driver Choices.

UberLaLa

Uber, Don't be silly. Having Driver and passenger headed in same direction is a very good thing.

Just yesterday I picked up a passenger in Pasadena that already had one driver cancel by phone when they heard passenger was headed to LAX...then another driver upon arrival Cancelled on same passenger. Driver saying he did not have the LAX Permit. I was on a DF to LAX and passenger was so happy when I showed up and took them there. They waited 8 minutes for me to pick them up, but lost 10 minutes on the previous 2 drivers that Cancelled.

Travis -k

soon to come to LA?
Wow!
What a bunch of double talk, first
They throw out its bad for riders and DRIVERS then continue with the BS that clearly indicates drivers love this feature or DRIVERS wouldnt be using it.
Clearly they give a F less about drivers, who the F cares if the pax has a longer wait time. DRIVERS are in it for the money not being the instant servant to a bunch of cheap @$$ pax.
Good for the Pax and UBER its stays

Good for drivers it gets removed!

THANKS UBER for 180 days of lies!

kevin046

Bullsh**!!! I won't be around much longer if that's the case. Either that or I'll be cancelling on passengers a lot as they are trying to get into my car. I HATED taking rides out to Timbuktu where there was no surge, boost .. nothing. As it is we don't make enough money, now they want to go back to that crap again? I'm pissed

Fuberal

soon to come to LA?
LA is next, they figured out that precious pax are waiting too long for their ride and smart drivers are knocking out those quests in a day with 6 DF staying within maximum of 10 miles of their base. Evil Empire giveth Evil Empire takeith. 180 days of change just lost its flexibility I guess.

kevin046

LA is next, they figured out that precious pax are waiting too long for their ride and smart drivers are knocking out those quests in a day with 6 DF staying within maximum of 10 miles of their base. Evil Empire giveth Evil Empire takeith. 180 days of change just lost its flexibility I guess.

I want to know how does uber come up with this nonsense ? 'The passengers ETA is too long ' etc? What the hell does DF have anything at all to do with that? Uber and their bullsh** reasoning. So they would rather have a bunch of cancelations as opposed to having their entitled pax wait an extra minute for rides ? (I still don't get how that is connected to DF). Ugh

RunWithScissors

DFs are essential for driver-partners in their decision to whether or not continue drivibg for a few more hours or so, considering how far they are at from their end-of-shift destination

if fuber reverts to just 2 DFs, drivers should earn them back

say drivers are given 2 more DFs for every 4 hours of driving, drive 8 hours per shift snd get 6 DFs

just another disconnect between what those morons in fuber cubicles are thinking vs actual real world drving

Fuberal

I want to know how does uber come up with this nonsense ? 'The passengers ETA is too long ' etc? What the hell does DF have anything at all to do with that? Uber and their bullsh** reasoning. So they would rather have a bunch of cancelations as opposed to having their entitled pax wait an extra minute for rides ? (I still don't get how that is connected to DF). Ugh
The pax are waiting longer because if you're on DF you have priority over closer drivers. You must be new to Uber, it's not a secret. So instead of a pax getting a driver from 3 minutes away, pax are getting you where you may be 8 minutes away because you have priority over the other driver. This proves that for uber pax are everything, drivers are just replaceable pawns. I'll enjoy 6df in LA until it's gone, believe me it'll be gone shortly.

Travis -k

DFs are essential for driver-partners in their decision to whether or not continue drivibg for a few more hours or so, considering how far they are at from their end-of-shift destination

if fuber reverts to just 2 DFs, drivers should earn them back

say drivers are given 2 more DFs for every 4 hours of driving, drive 8 hours per shift snd get 6 DFs

just another disconnect between what those morons in fuber cubicles are thinking vs actual real world drving
Earn them back, how about you shud upa you mouth, earn them pffft! Like anting foe a quest? How about you keep your ant control ideas to yourself.