• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cheyenne, or Wyoming in General

Rooster06

I know there's at least 3 drivers on the forum in Cheyenne. I have recommended at least 5 more to join recently, and I'm sure there's more drivers in the rest of the state on here. Granted, Cheyenne is a small market, so maybe a general Wyoming thread would be more appropriate. Not sure how else this works, if I need to name these other drivers or not, but a few of us have been posting in the Denver thread.

Alincoln

My husband and I drive uber in Casper, wyoming. We drove down to Cheyenne and U ered the last weekend of CFD. We did well which was nice but the app went down at some very high surge times. I could not accept or end rides at one point and it was gery frustrating. Okay enough of the background info. The Eclipse events start here next week. It is supposed to be even more over loaded with people and I expect it to be extremely busy. What do you do in the case of the app not working or system going down? If the app is not working is it okay to take cash rides? Info on this would be great I am wondering if uber has anything in olace to help with technical difficulties during high phone, data, internet trafficking times?

Rooster06

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only thing you can do during a mobile data degradation is to write down the miles, time elapsed on the ride, start and end locations of a trip and request uber adjust it later. However, you have to already have been paired with a rider and started the trip. If you can't get paired with a rider because of app or data issues, then you're hosed. Taking cash rides is illegal and if something were to happen neither Uber's insurance, nor yours would cover it, so that's your call on that issue. I'm not saying I have never taken cash rides, but I generally don't. In over 1500 rides given, I think I've done 3 or 4 cash rides, just depends on the circumstances and your own judgement.

beezlewaxin

Have a cell phone from every carrier, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Tmob (ha you never know), even if its just prepaid for a month.. When every tower is saturated i guarantee one will still work, even if barely..

And if indeed thats what is happening, set it up as an open hotspot called Uber and hopefully people get the hint.

And actually I don't live in Wyoming so for all I know you guys don't get all the carriers in the areas that might become oversaturated maybe just Verizon and Sprint but if that's the case better have both..

For EDC here in Vegas at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway there were so many people that all the carriers cell towers were oversaturated and Uber set up a giant Wi-Fi network called simply UBER.

It was Lifesaver. Oh and Sprint CDMA worked pretty well too maybe 20% connected, compared to the 0% on the other carriers. Verizon was the one carrier I did not have that have so can't say how it performed but I did have all the others.

Ovamba

Hello Rooster! I do Uber and Lyft in Cheyenne and am wondering how far I can go. For example, is it possible to get a rider headed to DIA, or Fort Collins, or Laramie. I’ve made much more money than I had anticipated, and I am surprised at how much I love this job!

Michael Hayes

Hi Ovamba. Dont know if Rooster is still around. I can answer your question though. Yes, you can get rides to DIA, FoCo and Laramie. They just dont happen very often. The bad news is, once you get to Colorado, you will NOT be able to get rides back to Wyo. You'll have to come back empty. It has to do with tax laws and driver licensing laws. Laramie is different because it is still within Wyo.

Daisey77

Colorado has the toughest standards for driving. Mostly because the governor signed a bill for rideshare. Therefore once we are approved here we generally can go drive in other states without an issue. I know we can drive in Wyoming for sure. However, it's the opposite for other states to drive here. I don't think any other state can just come and drive here because we have to have vehicle inspections once a year and physicals that follow DOT standards

Ovamba

I was referencing the notion that you could do Uber Eats but not Uber X. I’ve read that Insurance carriers are more concerned about delivery than about ride share.

As far as Colorado vs Wyoming regs, it is clearly tougher in Colorado. I am curious though, I have a DOT card for another job here in Wyoming—do Colorado Uber driver’s actually need them?

Daisey77

I was referencing the notion that you could do Uber Eats but not Uber X. I’ve read that Insurance carriers are more concerned about delivery than about ride share.

As far as Colorado vs Wyoming regs, it is clearly tougher in Colorado. I am curious though, I have a DOT card for another job here in Wyoming—do Colorado Uber driver’s actually need them?
NEED them? I guess it depends on who you ask but the state requires it. It makes sense to me but I was also a nurse for 16 years. Someone shouldn't be transporting paying passengers, with untreated epilepsy or uncontrolled hypertension or diabetes.

Rooster06

Hey all, sorry for the late response, I had AT for the Guard in Guernsey the last couple of weeks. As far as the origin of this post, the fine people at uberpeople.net don’t seem to think Wyoming is worthy of having their own city/region group. There’s obviously more than 3 active users in Wyoming on the site.

As far as driving in CO, the reason you can’t is because Colorado is striving to out California California by over regulating everything. They just passed a bill this year that will implement extra fees on rideshare rides for taking only a single pax, or driving a vehicle with an internal combustion engine. The goal is to encourage more shared rides and electric vehicles doing rideshare.

Colorado’s PUC, in an effort to defeat rideshare and bow down to the taxi union lobby instituted the medical, registration, and state inspection to mimic requirements for taxis and limit the number of drivers who can drive in CO and therefore compete with taxis. Hope this helps.

Daisey77

Hey all, sorry for the late response, I had AT for the Guard in Guernsey the last couple of weeks. As far as the origin of this post, the fine people at uberpeople.net don’t seem to think Wyoming is worthy of having their own city/region group. There’s obviously more than 3 active users in Wyoming on the site.

As far as driving in CO, the reason you can’t is because Colorado is striving to out California California by over regulating everything. They just passed a bill this year that will implement extra fees on rideshare rides for taking only a single pax, or driving a vehicle with an internal combustion engine. The goal is to encourage more shared rides and electric vehicles doing rideshare.

Colorado’s PUC, in an effort to defeat rideshare and bow down to the taxi union lobby instituted the medical, registration, and state inspection to mimic requirements for taxis and limit the number of drivers who can drive in CO and therefore compete with taxis. Hope this helps.
Wow lol I don't feel the love no more ?

Rooster06

Have you inquired about this?
I haven't. According to the site guidelines to create a new city/ region page, you need to post and have at least 3 active members on the site. I tried for over a year to get a Cheyenne or Wyoming general page with no results. So I gave up. My day job didn't allow the time to heckle the admins/mods to make it happen.

I hope you can see now that there would be an active Wyoming group. Much more so than others, that have existed for 4+ years and have 18 posts... just saying.

Sold My Soul For Stars

I haven't. According to the site guidelines to create a new city/ region page, you need to post and have at least 3 active members on the site. I tried for over a year to get a Cheyenne or Wyoming general page with no results. So I gave up. My day job didn't allow the time to heckle the admins/mods to make it happen.

I hope you can see now that there would be an active Wyoming group. Much more so than others, that have existed for 4+ years and have 18 posts... just saying.
I am addressing this right now. I will let you know. With the ratio of mods to members, it's difficult to view every post on here. So it's very likely This Thread was overlooked. Next time you or any member has a question or concern, please feel free to reach out. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable reaching out to me, you're always welcome to contact another mod. In addition, there's a contact button at the bottom of the page with an email address to contact admin