1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Check your car after each ride!!!

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Richard Cranium, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Well-Known Member

Tonight someone left some narcotics in my car after a ride. I was PISSED. I emailed Uber, no response yet, and contacted the local Law Enforcement, as it was a Felony, and that just is NOT cool. IF I was pulled over alone, that would have been difficult and up to the officer's discretion if I were to be charged for it.

Dude has a a surprise visit coming up tomorrow... And I have to say I am a little put off that Uber did not call be back ASAP as I requested. I consider this a huge issue as my freedom could have been taken away.

Please be careful!

RC

Old Rocker and itsablackmarket like this.
  2. PhoenicianBlind

PhoenicianBlind Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I'm always checking for bags of herb. Sadly no one has left one yet.

Old Rocker and tootsie like this.
  3. itsablackmarket

itsablackmarket Well-Known Member

Well as an Uber driver, the fact that you carry random people in your car would be considered by 99.99% of police, and they would do nothing to you. There was a Houston taxi driver on Reddit who explained this.

Trebor and Richard Cranium like this.
  4. hqen2000

hqen2000 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree 100% from a legal standpoint. Even if you were initially charged the DA would throw it out. Unless it was somewhere that a rider couldn't have placed it, or you have some sort of drug history or something else like that it would be nearly impossible to prove that it was your beyond a reasonable doubt and the law enforcement knows that.

Trebor and itsablackmarket like this.
  5. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    But meanwhile you've been arrested, your car is impounded, you have no income and your wife/husband who is having to drive you around (because you cant even afford an UBER!) is telling you she/he TOLD you working for Uber was stupid.

Trebor and Richard Cranium like this.
  6. hqen2000

hqen2000 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup... All is very possible.

Richard Cranium likes this.
  7. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I can't wait for my next trip down to Padre Island. (Border Patrol (should) find anything left over). :D