1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Check your car after each ride!!!

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Richard Cranium, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Tonight someone left some narcotics in my car after a ride. I was PISSED. I emailed Uber, no response yet, and contacted the local Law Enforcement, as it was a Felony, and that just is NOT cool. IF I was pulled over alone, that would have been difficult and up to the officer's discretion if I were to be charged for it.

Dude has a a surprise visit coming up tomorrow... And I have to say I am a little put off that Uber did not call be back ASAP as I requested. I consider this a huge issue as my freedom could have been taken away.

Please be careful!

RC

Old Rocker and itsablackmarket like this.
  2. PhoenicianBlind

PhoenicianBlind

Driving:
    Lyft
    I'm always checking for bags of herb. Sadly no one has left one yet.

Old Rocker and tootsie like this.
  3. Well as an Uber driver, the fact that you carry random people in your car would be considered by 99.99% of police, and they would do nothing to you. There was a Houston taxi driver on Reddit who explained this.

Trebor and Richard Cranium like this.
  4. hqen2000

hqen2000

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree 100% from a legal standpoint. Even if you were initially charged the DA would throw it out. Unless it was somewhere that a rider couldn't have placed it, or you have some sort of drug history or something else like that it would be nearly impossible to prove that it was your beyond a reasonable doubt and the law enforcement knows that.

Trebor and itsablackmarket like this.
  5. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    But meanwhile you've been arrested, your car is impounded, you have no income and your wife/husband who is having to drive you around (because you cant even afford an UBER!) is telling you she/he TOLD you working for Uber was stupid.

Trebor and Richard Cranium like this.
  6. hqen2000

hqen2000

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup... All is very possible.

Richard Cranium likes this.
  7. Trebor

Trebor

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I can't wait for my next trip down to Padre Island. (Border Patrol (should) find anything left over). :D