Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Check your back seat

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  melusine3 
#1 ·
My console, with cup holders, extend behind my seat, and isn't visible to me. One night a pax left an opened beer in the console. ...the next pax asked if it was mine...we have a law against having a open container...(alcohol ) in the car. If I'd been stopped, I could have gotten a ticket.
Another time a full unopened beer was left in the back floor.
Other items have included cameras, phones, and other electronics.
I now check after each ride with my very powerful flash light.

#2 ·
My console, with cup holders, extend behind my seat, and isn't visible to me. One night a pax left an opened beer in the console. ...the next pax asked if it was mine...we have a law against having a open container...(alcohol ) in the car. If I'd been stopped, I could have gotten a ticket.
Cool...

in that situation you lose. Just FYI

#6 ·
You need to assess your rider(s) before they even get into the car. Keep your door locked, verify their name and if they seem belligerently drunk, cancel. If they seem rude, cancel. If they're carrying drinks of any kind, know what they are and make sure you don't allow flimsy Slurpee type cups, or Starbucks. I had a Starbucks explode on my front passenger seat. $40 cleaning fee did not cover my 2 days unable to drive due to a wet seat. I now refuse all such drinks, they must be a bottle with a cap, anything with a secure lid, but nothing else. Definitely not any beer bottles. Life is too short.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.