Check out the strange text I got from this pax last night...

jmpric

We're a brinks armor truck from San Diego and we're really hungry. Our truck broke down and we're stuck in the freeway 5 South, next to Main Place Mall. We tried to order food and have it delivered to us on the side of the freeway but they won't do it. Wondering if you will do it for a $20 tip.

(next text)
Are you willing to do it?

(last text)
Hello?

Tedgey

We're a brinks armor truck from San Diego and we're really hungry. Our truck broke down and we're stuck in the freeway 5 South, next to Main Place Mall. We tried to order food and have it delivered to us on the side of the freeway but they won't do it. Wondering if you will do it for a $20 tip.

(next text)

(last text)
Hello?
Of course I do it. Easy $20. What could possibly go wrong?

jmpric

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know, right? Well, they canceled after maybe 1 min of sending that text. My finger was poised on the cancel button anyway.

mghtyred

LOL. Had a similar incident. Had a pickup at a Doughnut shop in Santa Monica. Get there, nobody. Text pax. Pax calls. Hammered. "Hey, go in the shop and buy 2 dozen donuts with your own money, any kind. My destination is in the app. I'll take care of you".

I told him to order UberEats. He said they don't deliver from that doughnut shop. I explained that I wasn't a delivery service and he would need to cancel the fare. He shouted expletives at me, said other drivers do this for him all the time, and said he was going to complain to Uber and have me fired".

I in turn complained to Uber about him, and they responded that he was probably confused between UberEats and UberX. They gave me the cancel fee, and that was that.

DriverX

I know a professional get-away driver who uses Uber as his alibi. EZ money until they come out of the bank guns blazing and you gotta take a bullet hole or two in your trunk. If the police swoop in all he does is stop and duck until they stop shooting. and then wave his Uber trade dress at them.

Adieu

(next text)

(last text)
Hello?
If they ran a trip TO the food place and tipped the value of order + 20 on lyft, I'd take it.

On Uber, tell em to run a trip from you to them first.

It's quite plausible btw, guards transporting valuables stranded with mechanical failure are expected to sit tight and alert until they get fixed/towed...which as an armored truck (weight requores industroal towing capabilities) could be sometime around when hell freezes over

Aztek98

I had a pax come around the corner at a full run so fast he couldn't stop and run into the side of my car.

He got up and shouted "ubah drive we gotta go now" he jumped in before I could react. We drove 5 blocks and he got out.

It was sort of exciting.