UbereatsKENT

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually that is a typo.

It should read :

I believe support does NOT forward the information to the relevant departments.

Nats121

Good evening everyone.

Hope you are staying warm out there , most of all stay safe on the roads.

This discussion raises a really important topic.
The importance of information sharing to improve our work and safe guard us of difficult situations either in present or in future.

Good points have been raised .

At this stage i can confirm that the said person is still working even though several reports have been submitted to Uber via the app.

Fact , continues to be a priority driver over everyone else.

Fact , does not leave the restaurant and only sits inside.

Fact , has no shame when challenged continues to get all the pings .

Fact , has admitted to use more then one account.

Fact , seems over confident but appears nervous ,suspicious and avoids contact at all times.

Fact , GPS and data signals are not blocked at location and appears this to be still beneficial on his app as he walks in and out being pinged all the time. In and straight to the counter,out to deliver and back for another delivery.

Fact , individual missed a day and everyone was getting orders, increase in gains because he wasnt present.

Fact , individual is noting everyone number plates in a book/agenda whilst sitting away from the others. Believed trying to pose as a good doer with Uber...

Fact , person that knows him as reported he was doing the same 10 miles away from his present location , there was trouble there because of him.

LondonLuke that seems to fall within the observed pattern.

Nats121 your input/advice has been very sound. Advice on how to reach UE as via the app the same draft messages are sent back to us?

P.s - Mods thanks for keeping this thread alive.

Can someone post a email address for a specific department in Uber Eats so that we know all the evidence gathered reaches safe hands?
I believe support does forward the information to the relevant departments.

There needs to be a way of stopping him legally and safelly within the law .

Media exposure should be last resort .
Forget about doing it thru the app, take your evidence to an Uber office.

If you haven't done so, contact McDonalds corporate management and tell them you have evidence of a scam ring.

Also, report that asswipe to EVERY McDonalds restaurant manager in your market.

johnx

Forget about doing it thru the app, take your evidence to an Uber office.

If you haven't done so, contact McDonalds corporate management and tell them you have evidence of a scam ring.
Correct, and also figure out what crime it is to spoof GPS or whatever it is they are doing. Once you have established it is a crime, hopefully a felony, threaten to expose Uber as using known felons for work. That usually gets their insurance company's attention.

Nats121

Correct, and also figure out what crime it is to spoof GPS or whatever it is they are doing. Once you have established it is a crime, hopefully a felony, threaten to expose Uber as using known felons for work. That usually gets their insurance company's attention.
Jamming signals outdoors IS a crime.

Boca Ratman

just the mental image of all these people on scooters hanging out at McDonald's waiting for a 2 mile delivery all plotting and scheming on how to tale down this one guy on a red scooter. it's almost to ridiculous to believe

Man. move to a subway or another McDonald's, there's one a mile and a half away.

LondonLuke

Just so you know the red scooter guy is most likely working here illegally so he doesn't want any trouble with the police, he can't call the police on you either...

The reason why so many illegal drivers only work from McDonalds' (at least in my area) is because they don't match the driver's face with the driver's I.D on the restaurants tablet. All orders are processed through McDonalds' own software.

Iamfoodgod

Idk how many times others have said this but you should just go around town, find a dog poop, put in baggy, order and when he's gone put dog poop in bag take pics and report to Uber and others.

???

Profit. Kinda.

UbereatsKENT

Just lol @ the people in the comments siding with the accused. They'll soon flip their shit when the food they've ordered comes stone cold because of him...

Honestly on the verge of no longer caring and just making as much money as possible.
Hows it going Luke. Hope youre holding up in this weather. Stay warm if you can.

Mate , the good people of Kent will always be the majority.
What you see are idiots who have no character or morals.
No education , the scavenger mentality ,anything goes if it benefits him.
Lack of insight because on the long run he his causing massive issues even to himself.
Ashamed of himself living with guilt for interfering with peoples lifes at a financial level causing others families to be under pressure.

Its sad that a few select will choose illegal ways of working and at the same time steal from everyone elses pockets.

Now they know you !!!

Maybe the guilt and shame are part of it?
Coward and cheat not to say the least.

His downfall will be his cheating.
Mark my words

RDWRER

UbereatsKENT

“Couriers who are found fraudulently or illegitimately using the app risk being permanently deactivated.”

Note that Uber won’t necessarily deactivate a courier found to be committing fraud, they just risk being deactivated...
Its a common way senior management
replies to the media . They cant be seen sounding too harsh but trust me its being dealt with.

In addition McDonalds HQ has been also informed so the local restaurant has been sent the report for monthly review.

Its in motion .

tohunt4me

Found out where he lives, take scooter, throw in lake.
Winner !
Exactly my suggestion.

The
“Couriers who are found fraudulently or illegitimately using the app risk being permanently deactivated.”

Note that Uber won’t necessarily deactivate a courier found to be committing fraud, they just risk being deactivated...
CUSTOMERS ARE HAPPY.

Yes
just the mental image of all these people on scooters hanging out at McDonald's waiting for a 2 mile delivery all plotting and scheming on how to tale down this one guy on a red scooter. it's almost to ridiculous to believe

Man. move to a subway or another McDonald's, there's one a mile and a half away.
Game of Thrones
Mc D style

UbereatsKENT

Now this particular issue serves to reinforce the doubts from us common people who think we cannot make a difference.

Jokes aside now many of us here are aware of the cheater .

He is not welcomed , like a disease it spreads if not contained.

I am gratefull for the advice recieved here.

My advice is never give up and make your best to tackle that scum

Boca Ratman

this whole thread is like an article in the onion, or the plot of a chilrens cartoon.

I can not get over the fact that this all about delivering McDonald's!

UbereatsKENT

this whole thread is like an article in the onion, or the plot of a chilrens cartoon.

I can not get over the fact that this all about delivering McDonald's!

You miss the point here.
Whats your interest here then ? Plenty of threads for you to troll.

Contribute with something positive or move on to "CHILRENS" cartoon....

UbereatsKENT

Article published on Kent Online

An Uber Eats courier is hanging around outside a McDonald's and pinching colleagues' orders, they have claimed.

The man rides a red scooter, has three phones and waits outside the restaurant in Commercial Road, Strood, making every effort to avoid conversation.

Workmates reckon he is using software which alters his GPS settings to send him to the front of the queue.

Some Uber Eats delivery riders claim others are muscling in on orders
One said he is picking up four or five orders an hour, four times more than everyone else.

He added: “He collects one and as soon as he arrives from a delivery goes straight to the counter and collects another.

“He must be earning double what everyone else is.

"Quite a few people are mad with him but he acts like someone who is shameless beyond doubt.

“The other riders just sit and watch him in and out all day long in despair.

“I observed him for an hour getting four times the amount of orders as everyone else.

“I have been told he has been chased off from a previous city.

"Everyone is suffering... people have families and struggle to work when he is there"- Uber Eats courier
“Everyone is suffering. People have families and struggle to work when he is there.

“Something needs to be done to stop this.”

Uber Eats is a takeaway delivery app which sends orders to riders in an area, who often use push bikes or mopeds.

An algorithm should distribute business evenly.

But it took less than a minute of browsing on YouTube to find someone explaining how to manipulate GPS locations.

The video shows how using a free app riders can lie about their location.

In theory someone with three accounts on three phones could effectively be waiting in three queues and get triple the amount of orders.

An Uber Eats courier has reportedly been hanging around outside a McDonald's and pinching colleagues' orders
Uber riders are classed as self-employed and don’t have a union so many resort to seeking help on online forum UberPeople.net.

Riders in America were the first to say colleagues were ‘hacking’ the system but last year a British user also reported the issue.

On the forum, he said he confronted the man who admitted using the software and offered to sell it to him for £1,000.

He added: “He admitted to using some kind of script that blocks us from receiving jobs and then using GPS hacking to jump the queue and be first in line when the orders arrive.

“Like that wasn’t bad enough, he said he runs a crew in different areas with the same set up and then tried to without any shame recruit us to work for him for a 20% cut.”

Uber was unable to confirm if it was investigating either incident but said: “Participating in fraudulent activity of any kind is a clear violation of our terms and conditions.

On the forum an unofficial security investigator told the Strood-based courier they were aware of the situation and were in the process of investigating the claims.