• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cheated out of cancellation fee

Suicidy

Uber just cheated me out of a cancellation fee this afternoon. I drove 6.5 miles to pick up the rider and encountered impassable road construction about .7 miles from the destination. Given the combination of rural/industrial topography (it is a somewhat outlying area( a designated detour added almost 5 additional miles to the distance to pick up this rider. I even called and explained this. When I was finally about a mile away, the trip is cancelled. As no cancellation fee posted, I called Uber and explained the situation.

They said since i exceed the estimated pick up time by more than 5 minutes it was my fault and they would not pay. Even though I relied on THEIR navigation app and THEIR route, I was expected to eat the time and distance involved. I was pissed. And the CSR further infuriated me by constantly saying how much they appreciated my call and how sorry they were. Of course, not sorry enough to pay men, which I pointed out. He still kept seeing that garbage.

I assume I'm screwed, but if anyone has a constructive plan that might help, please share.

Ubermcbc

Uber just cheated me out of a cancellation fee this afternoon. I drove 6.5 miles to pick up the rider and encountered impassable road construction about .7 miles from the destination. Given the combination of rural/industrial topography (it is a somewhat outlying area( a designated detour added almost 5 additional miles to the distance to pick up this rider. I even called and explained this. When I was finally about a mile away, the trip is cancelled. As no cancellation fee posted, I called Uber and explained the situation.

They said since i exceed the estimated pick up time by more than 5 minutes it was my fault and they would not pay. Even though I relied on THEIR navigation app and THEIR route, I was expected to eat the time and distance involved. I was pissed. And the CSR further infuriated me by constantly saying how much they appreciated my call and how sorry they were. Of course, not sorry enough to pay men, which I pointed out. He still kept seeing that garbage.

I assume I'm screwed, but if anyone has a constructive plan that might help, please share.
Never pickup a trip of more than 2 miles. If the pickup location is 5 miles away, i will move my a** when guber pay me the difference of 3 miles upfront. I will never fall for premium possible possible crap for 0.25 cents additional life changing money. Tell me any profession where people work for charity? Even the people working at the charity have a decent earning. Even the President of the United States doesn't work for charity.

ANT 7

Don't call support.

You are wasting your time and you will get would up over it. Just keep anting.

FWIW had I encountered the construction I would have cancelled myself and turned around. Uber and the pax didn't know about it either, so it's just "one of those things"........there will be more by the way.........so, decide if you want to keep driving now.