Cheap Pax tried to beat Surge

Taipan

Around 10 PM on La Cienega, got a ping on La Cienega & Packard (100 yards North of my current location). Arrvied but nobody on the curb.

2 minutes later, the Pax called, asked me to pick him up between Sunset & Fountain on La Cienega. I knew he was trying to bypass the surge zone. Told him I could only go to the GPS location. He insisted that I knew the address and must drive to him. I cancelled his ass and collected $4.00. Drove to my next request with a smile!

hy1368

Around 10 PM on La Cienega, got a ping on La Cienega & Packard (100 yards North of my current location). Arrvied but nobody on the curb.

2 minutes later, the Pax called, asked me to pick him up between Sunset & Fountain on La Cienega. I knew he was trying to bypass the surge zone. Told him I could only go to the GPS location. He insisted that I knew the address and must drive to him. I cancelled his ass and collected $4.00. Drove to my next request with a smile!
Lol,I am a block away from you.I am in bedford and cashio.:smiles::rolleyes:
Good job bro !

WMUber

It could be an honest mistake...

Looks like the rider requested a "South" La Cienega address instead of a "North" La Cienega address.

That said, wait five minutes at the Pin, collect $4.00.

second2noone

yeah depends on situation...if i need ride count i will drive to pick up if close enough.

if i don't, you know the drill.

Taipan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah depends on situation...if i need ride count i will drive to pick up if close enough.

if i don't, you know the drill.
I still need two more rides to make Platinum then. But the Pax was such a prick (texted me "What a joke!"), I was too happy to collect $4 and left him stranded.

tim678

I had one pax that got into my car and said "uber driver, turn the AC on, there is an accident on the freeway so I will tell you what to do"
my reply, oh sorry my AC is not working and there seem to be an problem with my phone/app cause I can't start the trip. Which mean you will need to request another time. As the pax exit my car I yell "take a shower and don't be a cheap person. Enjoy standing in 93 degree heat sucker

Taipan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had one pax that got into my car and said "uber driver, turn the AC on, there is an accident on the freeway so I will tell you what to do"
my reply, oh sorry my AC is not working and there seem to be an problem with my phone/app cause I can't start the trip. Which mean you will need to request another time. As the pax exit my car I yell "take a shower and don't be a cheap person. Enjoy standing in 93 degree heat sucker
Oh nasty!

Uruber

As much I enjoyed picturing this and the smile in my face, I have to tell you to be careful, if you said something like my A/C is not working, the pax can report that your vehicle isn't suited to do Uber due to lack of A/C and you will have to loose time taking your car to inspection and show Uber that A/C indeed works. No a biggie of course,just a waste of time.

Spanky

I had the guy that keeps ordering and cancelling to see if he can get a select for X. Kept driving and accepting all the way to his house. As soon as I got there I started the trip. He cancelled. Got the $2.80 minimum. He ordered again. I accepted and started the trip. He came out pissed off got in the car and I drove him to his location. Then 1 Stared him. Emailed uber about it to make sure he wasnt refunded the $2.80. And I guess Uber didn't count the rating he gave me because my rating went up to 4.93. Lol

Uruber

I had the guy that keeps ordering and cancelling to see if he can get a select for X. Kept driving and accepting all the way to his house. As soon as I got there I started the trip. He cancelled. Got the $2.80 minimum. He ordered again. I accepted and started the trip. He came out pissed off got in the car and I drove him to his location. Then 1 Stared him. Emailed uber about it to make sure he wasnt refunded the $2.80. And I guess Uber didn't count the rating he gave me because my rating went up to 4.93. Lol
lol :biggrin:

Adieu

As much I enjoyed picturing this and the smile in my face, I have to tell you to be careful, if you said something like my A/C is not working, the pax can report that your vehicle isn't suited to do Uber due to lack of A/C and you will have to loose time taking your car to inspection and show Uber that A/C indeed works. No a biggie of course,just a waste of time.
I did a hundred or so Lyft rides w/o AC in June (nights only though)... Went OK

Then the INFINITI dealership I n Westminster finally hooked me up with the $8 belt...for my bimmer.

BMW dealers fail at life...

Last edited:

Adieu

Not sure that's what they're doing

...I got a couple of chronic order - cancel - reorder names I already recognize. Except I drive a 2011 BMW 335d

Maybe they want XL? I'd think....but one spama orders at 5am sometimes.

Probably some weirdo with a crush on a driver they only got once, a long long time ago...

tim678

aha, got it. thank you

Adieu

Dude that often happens 10x per week to me...how is this news to anybody????

I only ever pick em up if the whole thing, both pickup and destination mileage, adds up to around minimum fare, and it's on $25-40 per ride guarantees

And then I report and 2* em

Actually, I kinda hate the ones who actually walk from bars to edge of random residential areas more... They're even worse behaved, and their sense of entitlement is inflamed, while these ones feel all satisfied they pulled a fast one on you