cheap local source of quality NON-oem windscreens for e90 BMW?? (she chose death before trade dress)

Adieu

Anybody?

Yeah good quality NON-oem, because the original Pilkerton/BMW glass is truly awful, picks up pockmarks stars and sandblasts so bad it's surreal

2011 e90 LCI 335d w/ rainsensors.

Thx!

PS gotta be of the medium-tinted variety to match the mid-dark frontside and very dark rear tints. Besides, clear glass drivering full-time in Cali, seriously? Not funny...

Hunt to Eat

Anybody?

Yeah good quality NON-oem, because the original Pilkerton/BMW glass is truly awful, picks up pockmarks stars and sandblasts so bad it's surreal

2011 e90 LCI 335d w/ rainsensors.

Thx!

PS gotta be of the medium-tinted variety to match the mid-dark frontside and very dark rear tints. Besides, clear glass drivering full-time in Cali, seriously? Not funny...
The Pilkington (not Pilkerton) glass in my 2016 Accord is amazing. I've never had a clearer, brighter windshield. My windshield got broken by a big ol' rock two months after I bought the car. I requested another Pilkington (not Pilkerton) windshield because I was so impressed with the first one.

Adieu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hunt to Eat said:
The Pilkington (not Pilkerton) glass in my 2016 Accord is amazing. I've never had a clearer, brighter windshield. My windshield got broken by a big ol' rock two months after I bought the car. I requested another Pilkington (not Pilkerton) windshield because I was so impressed with the first one.
No its not...hit up a bimmer forum. They've used that stuff since like 2005.

It likely wasn't a "big ol' rock" but just regular size - stuff other brands would withstand...mine had like 6 repaired and 2 ignored star chips by 130k, and far as I can tell this is NOT a factory-installed windshield but one that has been replaced at least once already.

As to the amount of minor pitting, well, yours only looked clear because it was a 2016 car...and the thing didn't even last past 2016.

I got an older 90's bimmer with Sekurit glass that looks like it rolled off the line yesterday.

Hunt to Eat

No its not...hit up a bimmer forum. They've used that stuff since like 2005.

It likely wasn't a "big ol' rock" but just regular size - stuff other brands would withstand...mine had like 6 repaired and 2 ignored star chips by 130k, and far as I can tell this is NOT a factory-installed windshield but one that has been replaced at least once already.

As to the amount of minor pitting, well, yours only looked clear because it was a 2016 car...and the thing didn't even last past 2016.

I got an older 90's bimmer with Sekurit glass that looks like it rolled off the line yesterday.
Wrong. It was a big ol' rock - slightly smaller than a golf ball. I don't recall you being in the car with me when the damage occurred.
If you want great glass in your car, stay with OEM Pilkington (not Pilkerton.)

Adieu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wrong. It was a big ol' rock - slightly smaller than a golf ball. I don't recall you being in the car with me when the damage occurred.
If you want great glass in your car, stay with OEM Pilkington (not Pilkerton.)
Well okay, but just so you know a teensy pebble would a starred up your Pilkiton just as easy...and if you didn't switch lanes after and followed sane vehicle at same distance on same highway with debris,it would likely kick a second pebble to roughly the same area sooner than later - and this would you give you a spreading crack no matter how small and weak the hit

Hunt to Eat

Well okay, but just so you know a teensy pebble would a starred up your Pilkiton just as easy...and if you didn't switch lanes after and followed sane vehicle at same distance on same highway with debris,it would likely kick a second pebble to roughly the same area sooner than later - and this would you give you a spreading crack no matter how small and weak the hit
Pilkington, not Pilkiton.

Optimus Uber

try independent windshield companies. Don't use safelight. They are overpriced. I had mine done but forgot who did it as it was a year ago. Sorry. They were a little over $200 cheaper than safelight.

Jimmy Bernat

Whatever you do don't use safelight I got a safelight windscreen on my e90 3 days later a small pebble hit and it gave me a chip . I threw some scotch tape on the chip until I could get it filled and the next day I came out and it spidered like crazy

I complained and they were somewhat helpful , my first one was $210 and they gave me the second one for $150 . It's been on for about 6 months with no issue but that pissed me off lol it could have just been bad luck but still