1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cheap Gas

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Cou-ber, Sep 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Cou-ber

Cou-ber

so....because of this uber gig, I now pay closer attention to gas prices and am shocked by the disparity of pricing. As a result, I felt compelled to share that at 45s and Griggs the Gulf has gas for the low low price of $2.09. That's purty dang cheap and worth my while.
    Anyone got other locations we can all benefit from??

2. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    It's always cheaper by my house in Sugar Land so I always fill up here. But gasbuddy.com is pretty good if you're out and about.

observer likes this.
  3. Xpizza

Xpizza

Lowest price today was Walmart 1960. 192 a gallon. Weeeee

Texstar12 likes this.
  4. observer

observer Moderator

I use gas guru, it shows lowest prices near you, sometimes sixty cents difference just two blocks from each other.

Texstar12 likes this.
  5. observer

observer Moderator

Ohhh and it's a free download.

6. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Found $1.99/gal at Eldridge @ FM 529. All three gas stations at that corner, a Shell, Chevron, and some pee wee brand.

7. Filled up this morning for $1.93 in Tomball, prices there always lower. With .10 off at Kroger's Tomball it is $1.83

8. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Bear in mind that all the costs of driving apply to this too. If your driving costs are 30 cents a mile then driving round trip 10 miles to save $3 is a wash. Not to mention the time involved and the small but present increased chance of a wreck.

9. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Good advice. I just downloaded the GasBuddy app and when I need to fill up, wherever Uber takes me, I'll be able to use that app to pull up a map to see the cheapest prices near my radius and fill up in that area.

Root likes this.
  10. I've been paying $1.95-$2.15 for the past month now for top tier gas (Shell). Cypress area has the cheapest. Gotta do what you gotta do to make a profit in this ****ed up game called Kalanicks Sadistic Ride.

Root likes this.
  11. observer

observer Moderator

And I thought I was getting a good deal paying 2.89 at costco this morning.:confused:

LAuberX likes this.
  12. $2.89?

13. observer

observer Moderator

Yepp, I'm in California.

14. OK, I didn't look at your location. :(

15. observer

observer Moderator

No, prob. I like to jump around from subforum to subforum.

It's my way of traveling. :)

Root and Bukrub like this.
  16. I live in Houston and in the Heights. Cypress, Sugar Land, or FM 529 will have cheaper prices than in the inner loop, but it's not feasible for me to drive out there just for cheaper gas. For one, I'd be cutting into those partner's income (I like to stay inside the loop and not butt into other's partners zones out there) and two, I waste gas trying to drive out there.

45 and Griggs, while cheap, is a good area to get robbed, pistol whipped or flooded in during a flash flood storm.

I use Gasbuddy when I can, and other times, I use my Kroger's card at Krogers or Shell to save the money.

Root likes this.
  17. Get the Gas Buddy App. You will always know where the cheapest gas is.

Root and Richard Cranium like this.
  18. I use gas buddy religiously and always find the best price.

Root likes this.
  19. It's definitely about 40 cents higher inside the loop.

Root likes this.
  20. Root

Root

I use GasBuddy, almost exclusively, to find the cheapest Top Tier gas that's nearest my usual routes. For those in and around Pearland, check out the following Valero stations for Top Tier gas; from my experience they stay competitively-priced:
    • Valero Corner Store #1401 on SH-35 (N Main St / S Telephone Rd) at W Orange St.
      2104 N Main St, Pearland, TX 77581-3310
    • Valero Corner Store #1482 on FM-518 (W Broadway St) at CR-48 (Kingsley Dr)
      12712 W Broadway St, Pearland, TX 77584-1929
    Before finding the above, I was using the Valero Reed Mart, off of SH-288 and Reed Rd, but since prices started dropping more this station has held back, keeping prices much higher than most other Valero locations in my roaming areas.