• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cheap bastards

Nats121

It has never been 80/20 or 75/25. While I am still on the 80/20 plan Uber has always gotten more than 20% of what the PAX pays. Uber has always taken a booking fee which the driver gets none of. Over the years, Uber has raised what they charge the customer and has given NONE of this to the drivers. Today I still get 80% of the miles and minutes (which Uber has cut by about 70% since 2014) but Uber collects 50% or more of the fare that the pax actually paid.
What's now called a "booking fee" was originally called a "safety fee", and it was created in April of 2014, two months before uber's massive rate cuts that overnight turned rideshare into a low-paying job.

Uber was successfully sued for breach of contract and had to pay millions of dollars for instituting the safety fee.

It's obvious that uber was planning on cutting fares and created the fee to shield themselves from some of the financial loss that would result from huge fare cuts.

UberAdrian

What's now called a "booking fee" was originally called a "safety fee", and it was created in April of 2014, two months before uber's massive rate cuts that overnight turned rideshare into a low-paying job.

Uber was successfully sued for breach of contract and had to pay millions of dollars for instituting the safety fee.

It's obvious that uber was planning on cutting fares and created the fee to shield themselves from some of the financial loss that would result from huge fare cuts.
Textbook Uber! Makin you pay extra for safety lmfao!!!

GLH dude told me the booking fee all goes to the government, mainly local. He's my top dude at that GLH too, always giving me the best support and tips so I'm highly inclined to believe him. Anybody else want to chime in? I'd love to see something in print about it...

Nats121

GLH dude told me the booking fee all goes to the government, mainly local. He's my top dude at that GLH too, always giving me the best support and tips so I'm highly inclined to believe him. Anybody else want to chime in? I'd love to see something in print about it...
Every cent of the booking fees go to Uber and Lyft.

nouberipo

I've lost track of which a-hole it is Lyft or Uber? Taking somebody way across town for like 3.00 bucks? You cheap assholes!!!! You got half of the the cut, you should have gotten a 1/3. @@@@ you
Post automatically merged:

Piece of shit companies. Both of them. Only in it for themselves.

Lyft is so stingy they won't even send we a welcome package after they approved me to drive for them. By the way assholes, I've been driving for you for 2 weeks with a temp sticker on my car I had to have printed out at office depot. Who has a printer anymore? Not me.

I have to ask myself, who is stupider, me or them? The answer is Me. No question. I'm the dummy.
you answered your own question......you is the answer. As for a welcome package......omfg are you kidding me?

It has never been 80/20 or 75/25. While I am still on the 80/20 plan Uber has always gotten more than 20% of what the PAX pays. Uber has always taken a booking fee which the driver gets none of. Over the years, Uber has raised what they charge the customer and has given NONE of this to the drivers. Today I still get 80% of the miles and minutes (which Uber has cut by about 70% since 2014) but Uber collects 50% or more of the fare that the pax actually paid.
maybe you should explain that the SEC when in their IPO prospectus they stated the take-rate was 21.7 lying to investors is not the same as lying to drivers and passengers albeit since they are used to lying to everyone I am sure they culturally just didn't understand they cannot lie in a prospectus or to investors. Time will tell as the courts, IRS, and other regulatory bodies become involved in the discussion and oversight of the fraudulent rideshare twins (Uber/Lyft)

TheDevilisaParttimer

Yea bribe money

Now that the IRS is investigating Uber for potential tax fraud, an SEC inquiry can't be far away. That's the part I'd like to see, especially watching Drexel, underwriter of the IPO, start to backpedal. Potentially a great show, unless you're sitting on a pile of stock options. With luck the Department of Labor will jump in, too. Maybe Congress will investigate, if for no other reason than to get some free publicity. (It's always campaign time for someone on The Hill.) When that happens, the party's at my house! Talk about free entertainment!!.

kevin92009

The tax law is written so companies that have expensive accountants can know how to twist it and pretty much do whatever it takes to zero out their taxes , only the small guy hast to pay taxes . but if the hammer goes down on them I’d be down to go to a party at your house I’ll even bring the beer

You're right about those high dollar CPA's. Keep in mind, though, what they are doing is called "minimizing the tax liability". That means the company had taxable income.