1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cheap ass bastard (RANT)

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by AshyLarry, Sep 11, 2015.

1. AshyLarry

AshyLarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    So there's this guy that I've picked up from his workplace for the third time today. First time I picked him up, he made me wait 5 minutes and wasn't even at the pickup point. Someone else had to drop him off there. Since I was a newbie Lyft driver at the time, I didn't think to rate him 3 stars or less. Both times, he has NEVER tipped so there was no way he would tip this time around. As a side note, almost all people of his nationality (won't get specific here) don't tip either so that didn't help the cause.

Anyway, I wanted to rate him poorly and drive him for the very last time. On my way there, I hit the arrive button about 1 mile before his actual pickup point. Screw this, I'm getting an extra dollar or two from this penny hoarding, cheap ass bastard. Plus, I'm only doing this for 5 more weeks and have a 4.82 rating so I couldn't give fewer f**ks if he dinged my rating. Luckily, he came out right after I pulled into the parking lot.

When I drop him off, he complained that the fare was a dollar more than the usual! Seriously, dude? You're going to complain over a DOLLAR?? **** you, I hope everyone else rates you 1 star and you're forced to not only take a more expensive yellow cab, but to be expected to TIP. Obviously, I played stupid and insisted that I hit the arrive button when I got there. I hope your gift shop goes out of business.

/endrant

delusion2, JLA and mostwanted650 like this.
  2. PhoenicianBlind

PhoenicianBlind

Driving:
    Lyft
    Well, thanks for my new customer.

Maybe I can turn him into a tipper hehe

3. Dude! You're driving for a budget "rideshare" app, and you're complaining of cheap customers? You're servicing (mostly) people too cheap to order a cab. What did you expect?

I'm always amazed. Uber/Lyft "partners" offered to drive YOUR car for slave wages, then you complain. Get a gig at McD's. You'll be treated better.

No matter what YOU think about the cab industry, your customers think even less of you. Uber customers know the drivers are hard up for money, else you wouldn't be doing this. People treat cabs drivers with more respect. Suck it up and get over it.

4. PhoenicianBlind

PhoenicianBlind

Driving:
    Lyft
    With the rate cuts I have to agree with you (begrudgingly) that mcDs may be my best bet.

I'll lyft in the meantime, but Uber is over.

KMANDERSON and JLA like this.
  5. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Lol, Uber is now taking 25% from drivers in certain markets so making less and less it just part of the game. Rumor has it they might try 30%. Suckers!

JLA and extreme2me2 like this.
  6. AshyLarry

AshyLarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    Realistically though, 95% of my pax are actually alright people. It's just the 5% that stick out in our minds and gets us super frustrated. I've calculated that after gas, toll, and depreciation, I'm actually making $12/hr which still is higher than minimum wage in my state. Prior to Lyfting, I took on a crap $9.50/hr retail job which only lasted a few months. In the end, I actually prefer doing rideshare but **** - this does test out the thickness of my skin.

7. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    How about YGFY? This is called complaint sub forum. Was this dude Indian by any chance? You could race them to their late arrival at the train station by going 15 miles over the speed limit and they won't tip you. Rate them accordingly when that happens. Lucky for you, you won't be driving him anymore.

UberXTampa and AshyLarry81 like this.
  8. AshyLarry81

AshyLarry81

Wow, 194 countries in the world and you got it right on the first try. I feel like ever since I started doing rideshare, my innocence and naivety has been stripped. I've become more racist and stereotyped than before. It's so difficult not to be when they prove themselves to act a certain way time and time again.

UberXTampa and ocbob2 like this.
  9. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    The people mentioned are the same ones who re-set the tip option on Uber Taxi to "zero".

When they are in a hurry, I drive the speed limit and stop at all yellow lights. If the pedestrian count-down is close to zero at an intersection with a nastycam, I stop at the green light. They get upset, but I tell them that I do not want to get nastycammed. I tell them that the D.C. Police give summonses for running yellow lights, so I do not do that either. You never know where there is a speed nastycam (actually, the D.C. Police website tells you that, but what Krishnamurti does not know will hurt him).

All of them get one-starred.

JLA likes this.
  10. AshyLarry81

AshyLarry81

You know what else I find maddening? The few Indian restaurants (even buffets) that I've been to near me ALL include tip in the bill. It's as if they already know their own kind doesn't tip unless they're forced to.

11. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    I have many in the Irvine, OC area and I believe i have received 1 tip from them. I also think they have been 4 star me a lot even if I go a better route than they are used to and I want to say I got a 2 star last week when one rider of that nationality went to the airport. Only ride in 24 hours. Only thing saving him was it was his wife's account and she wasn't in the car. Anymore like that and I will stereotype the whole race. Never an issue with them either as none has smelled like curry.

12. Anyone who complains about a dollar should take a bus next time. Taxis are not cheap, nor should they be.

I have no fear about informing the poor about other transportation options.

"Don't like the price? Try walking. It's free."

13. Transportador

Transportador

Driving:
    UberX
    As far as being cheap it's Uber's fault for setting the expectations that riders have come to take for granted! In case you haven't been to Tijuana, Mexico, the taxis there charge $5.00 US to go from the border to the bars which are like 2 miles away. Most of these cabs aren't even legitimate cabs with licenses and insurances. Just hope that you get longer rides on Uber to make up for those short cheap ones. Heck, maybe I go drive a fake cab in Tijuana. Cheers!

14. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    I remember doing those when I was 18-21. $5 and fill car with 5 pax means $1 a head and off to Revolution Blvd to get drunk and meet some ****s. I actually got a couple of girlfriends out of Tijuana. Good times. I wonder if college kids still go to TJ.