Changing Cities, Horrible Support

TravelGirl50

Uber needs to stop using their 'prewritten', 'canned' responses in the Email Support Department.

I requested a city change. ..and I feel like I am in the SNL skit with John Belushi, or that fast food 'drive-thru' commercial where the customer gets so upset that the worker is not listening to his order that he drives his car into the wall of the restaurant screaming at the top of his lungs.

The app asked me to upload an expired document. What? My documents aren't expired. Okay, fine, I will upload my ins card again. Nope, can't read it. Upload it again. Okay. Nope, can't read it, upload it again. (BTW- this was the same image file uploaded when I applied and was approved 3 months ago in my original city). Nope, expired, upload again. Okay fine. I uploaded it again. Still Pending. Checked on it, now it is missing. Uploaded it again....now it's pending....Nope, now it's still missing. OMG! Kill me now. Emailed support - Please activate my account and stop asking me to upload a document that you already have on file. Uber Response. I see your account is set to your new city, but your car ins card is expired, please upload a new card. My response: No, it is not expired. You are not doing your job. Please use the documents that you have had on file for 3 months. Stop asking me to repeat what I have already done. (Uber had already approved me to drive in my new city, in Texas. But I had to delay my trip to Texas due to the Hurricane.) Now I am here and it has been 5 days and I have gone back and forth with them about a dozen times and I cannot get anyone to READ my emails. This is so insane, I am losing my frickin mind and I am losing so much earning potential. I am not close to a Greenlight Hub and my city doesn't have phone support. I am applying with Lyft. Just venting. I feel better.

Sounds like a real PITA to me. I assume your old/current insurance still covers you in your new city? With some ins co's it doesn't work that way. I moved to AZ and had to get a new insurance co.

Julescase

Uber needs to stop using their 'prewritten', 'canned' responses in the Email Support Department.

I requested a city change. ..and I feel like I am in the SNL skit with John Belushi, or that fast food 'drive-thru' commercial where the customer gets so upset that the worker is not listening to his order that he drives his car into the wall of the restaurant screaming at the top of his lungs.

The app asked me to upload an expired document. What? My documents aren't expired. Okay, fine, I will upload my ins card again. Nope, can't read it. Upload it again. Okay. Nope, can't read it, upload it again. (BTW- this was the same image file uploaded when I applied and was approved 3 months ago in my original city). Nope, expired, upload again. Okay fine. I uploaded it again. Still Pending. Checked on it, now it is missing. Uploaded it again....now it's pending....Nope, now it's still missing. OMG! Kill me now. Emailed support - Please activate my account and stop asking me to upload a document that you already have on file. Uber Response. I see your account is set to your new city, but your car ins card is expired, please upload a new card. My response: No, it is not expired. You are not doing your job. Please use the documents that you have had on file for 3 months. Stop asking me to repeat what I have already done. (Uber had already approved me to drive in my new city, in Texas. But I had to delay my trip to Texas due to the Hurricane.) Now I am here and it has been 5 days and I have gone back and forth with them about a dozen times and I cannot get anyone to READ my emails. This is so insane, I am losing my frickin mind and I am losing so much earning potential. I am not close to a Greenlight Hub and my city doesn't have phone support. I am applying with Lyft. Just venting. I feel better.

Sorry, they are absolutely atrocious. Every time I get their template responses to a message I've sent, I respond to THEM with "you clearly have not read my previous message; please re-read my entire message ASAP and reply accordingly once you have answers to my various questions"

That usually gets them to actually read beyond the first 4 words of the first sentence .....although I'll admit there have been times when I've gone back-and-forth with them up to 20+ times when they're being extra obtuse about something.

I hope you're friends and family are all OK, good luck and please know I can empathize!! They (Uber) are so @@@@ing obnoxious!

TravelGirl50

I hope you're friends and family are all OK, good luck and please know I can empathize!! They (Uber) are so &%[email protected]!*ing obnoxious!

Yes, thank you and thank God my family in Houston are safe. Lot's of hard work to do like we have never known before. I am glad that I got out of Florida last week and came home, despite the challenges. So, yeah, to put all of this in perspective, this Uber Driving isn't worth my time anymore. I have to put my energy and effort into helping my city and my family get back on track. Take Care

Sounds like a real PITA to me. I assume your old/current insurance still covers you in your new city? With some ins co's it doesn't work that way. I moved to AZ and had to get a new insurance co.

I am actually a Texas resident, so I moved BACK to Texas and all my current docs are from Texas. Florida is where I was driving for the summer and according to a rep, Florida approves ALL 50 states drivers to drive in their state....even though the app hasn't been updated to approve the documents(That was a whole other pita, that I was dealing with last month when I had to ask them to re-activate my account in Florida since I couldn't get back to Texas right away. I lost 5 days of driving because the app wouldn't 'REAPPROVE' my documents. I am about to give up on Uber, just because of the time and effort I am putting into support resolutions. I hope the NEW CEO will be made aware..we'll see) Take care and thanks for your response.

This was published July 4, 1982. It is what I was referring to in my original post. It is hilarious.
Fast Food - Stevens & Grdnic (Dr. Demento)

dirtylee

People use uber in Tyler? You could just email the dfw office. While your at it, go ahead and make the commute to crush our surge.

Jufkii

Lyft is just as bad. A message on my phone last month said my insurance expires in one day. My insurance actually didn't expire untill a month later in September.Someone at Lyft apparently typed in the wrong date by a month. Got it straightened around after a few hours and was able to drive that day. The next day a message wrongly again said this time my insurance expired today, and to upload my new insurance card. Couldn't go online untill I did so. The problem was because Lyft was so far off on the expiration date I hadn't even gotten a new insurance card from the insurance company yet. It was way too early. Countless back and forth with Support finally got it straightened out for now anyway.Afraid to find out what happens 6 months from now when my insurance is due again.