Certainly not on a Tuesday at 6pm

Mikek999

6pm on a Tuesday and only 9 people in the queue.. yet it NEVER serges. I was tempted but I remember the last time I was there and when I was down to getting my request it suddenly kept telling me to drive to the staging area - I was in the staging area! Nope Uber you will not be burning me twice.

Attachments

• IMG_1769.PNG
    IMG_1769.PNG
    73.3 KB · Views: 68

Dfwtxpatrick

Funny thing is, I was there at 5:45pm yesterday with a drop off and got a pick up before I even finished dropping off my ride. Don't get it.

HotRodriguez75

Funny thing is, I was there at 5:45pm yesterday with a drop off and got a pick up before I even finished dropping off my ride. Don't get it.
This is exactly what is killing the surge. Anyone dropping off at the airport jumps to number #1 in the queue. This is if requests are happening and happens majority of the time.

6pm on a Tuesday and only 9 people in the queue.. yet it NEVER serges. I was tempted but I remember the last time I was there and when I was down to getting my request it suddenly kept telling me to drive to the staging area - I was in the staging area! Nope Uber you will not be burning me twice.
Just ignore this, it's an issue with the app.

If there are 9 people in the queue, this is when you open the Flight Aware or Flighstats app and see what flights have landed or are coming. If you want surge, you have to go offline and wait for the surge. Surge does not happen when drivers in the queue. I think about this time, there was a surge prior to 5:45PM and I am sure drivers were making them round trips back to the queue.

Waffles

Dfw was empty this AM

0 DRIVERS

AND STILL NO SURGE ON EIYHER LYFT OR UBER. All uber did was float the halo around dfw.

Back 3 years ago yhat woukd have been 4x

dirtylee

Dfw was empty this AM

0 DRIVERS

AND STILL NO SURGE ON EIYHER LYFT OR UBER. All uber did was float the halo around dfw.

Back 3 years ago yhat woukd have been 4x

3 years ago, the airport definitely could not surge. They turned on airport surge mid/late 2015. I think it was uncapped because I saw dfw hit 4.5X.