Uber Drivers Forum banner

Center Street Bridge

735 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  partyvan 
#1 ·
A quick heads up to everybody just heard on the news that the Center Street bridge in the flats is closed permanently. Which should make pickups on the West Bank of the flats rather difficult..

#2 ·
Are you sure it's permanent? That's incredible. It says if the city is trying to kill all the business on both sides of the flats.

#6 ·
It was closed w/ barricades Friday night. That thing is probably almost as old as the city & w/ all of that heavy riveted iron continuously turning on itself...I'd be willing to bet that nobody has a reasonable solution of how to repair it in a way that isn't cost prohibitive...being as though they can't even form a budget to pave the streets downtown.

If memory serves me...the last time it shut down was for at least a year...and it was likely repaired w/ a band aid, or an obnoxious amount of grease.

The incompetence & corruption in this city is beyond measure.

#7 ·
Ships can get by so they will take their time and repair it on their timetable which means SLOW. I am a building, not a road/bridge guy but my guess is it will cost a couple million MINIMUM to repair so the city will be in no hurry until they are forced to do something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.