Celebrate 4th of July with us..

Opt In to Drive.

Received this email from Lyft. No incentives - simply projections of an increased demand.... Asking to Opt In to drive to help community celebrate 4th of July.

Wtf Lyft. I will celebrate 4th with my family not helping someone else celebrate for a chump change.

At least have a decency to offer incentives if you want me to Opt In.

Any one else got similar invitation? Anyone opted in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tell us if they offer you anything for it!
I will not click on the Opt In link as it most likely would not offer a confirmation - will simply opt in automatically.

Lyft is trying to get enough drivers to opt in to kill all the surge that could have resulted from an increased demand.

Adieu

I will not click on the Opt In link as it likely would not offer a confirmation - will simply opt in automatically.

Lyft is trying to get enough drivers to opt in to kill all the surge that could have resulted from an increased demand.
Am I missing something? Will they fire you if you renege on your solemn oath????

Looks more like they are trying to gauge what kind of guarantees they'll need if they wanna subsidize the event

Might be malicious for minimization purposes....then again, might be some rather badly implemented attempt at trying to gauge the rides and earnings those drivers who'll be out there normally have on weekend nights, perhaps to use some overthought formula to infer how much you'd expect out of a major-scale party night.

Might also just be targeting you for some lame survey or focus group

AllenChicago

Are they clickable? Maybe you choose one and you'll be sent to that location. As mentioned earlier...enough opt-ins and Lyft won't have to do a big Prime-Time $$$$ increase during those hours.

grams777

Author
So if demand doubles but twice as many drivers come out, does it make a difference...

tohunt4me

Opt In to Drive.

Received this email from Lyft. No incentives - simply projections of an increased demand.... Asking to Opt In to drive to help community celebrate 4th of July.

Wtf Lyft. I will celebrate 4th with my family not helping someone else celebrate for a chump change.

At least have a decency to offer incentives if you want me to Opt In.

Any one else got similar invitation? Anyone opted in?
Stop by the office to get your Free American flag on a toothpick ( made in China)

Attachments

Manotas

I got the same invitation. No incetive either other than demand will be higher.
No thank you... 4th of July I'll be doing what any other good American should be doing: creating a creater in the grown and burning a patch off the grass with all the fireworks and drinking imported beers

macchiato

Don't know what the point of opting in is. Guess I can still opt in and not drive. The email is not clear if there are any incentives or not.

tohunt4me

Yea but that's for employees... ahhhhh!!!!
WE have an elaborate " OPTING IN" form for UBER this weekend.
Essence Fest along with 4th of July.
And a " contest" instead of garuntees.lucky winner will double their fares.probably have " Mystery Spies" oops " Mystery Riders" also giving away cheesy prizes.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't know what the point of opting in is. Guess I can still opt in and not drive. The email is not clear if there are any incentives or not.
Opting in means killing the Prime Time with no incentives. Lyft is trying to gather the troops so to speak. Their goal must be to show passengers that they can rely on Lyft during holidays and not pay Prime time.

And what does it mean "Come celebrate 4th with us..."? Does it mean carrying ungrateful pax and their happy family for a chump change while your family is sitting and waiting for you at home?

SacTownDood

I opted in. But I'm not driving.

Everyone else do the same and let them be as surprised as we were by the fare/incentive cuts.....

DJ-916

You didn't get the incentive? It's killer this week.....25% prime time from 4-6 am Fri and 3-6 am Sat.......lol.