• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

CC & ULEZ Exempted vehicles

BTC

What are the cars available to buy today that will be exempt from the CC ?

Is any vehicle with a battery that allows 20+ miles will be exempt ? eg BMW 330E Lexus CT ???

Its not very clear on the TFL website

Cabbie2B

What are the cars available to buy today that will be exempt from the CC ?

Is any vehicle with a battery that allows 20+ miles will be exempt ? eg BMW 330E Lexus CT ???

Its not very clear on the TFL website
It ment to be like that coz they want us to pay.

Reactions: BTC

a2zint

Kia Niro PHEV
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
Hyundai Ioniq PHEV
BMW 330e iPerformance Hybrid

New Toyota Prius PHEV is not accepted by Uber on the platform as it only has 4 seats not 5 !!!

All other fully electric vehicles are also exempt from CC and ULEZ like Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq EV etc

Quite Quiet

Electric vehicles will not be congestion charge free after April 2025.

Apart from trades people do many pay the charge, even residents paying 10%, surely the best option is come out after 6pm and weekends, completely flood central London in mini cabs, reduce prices to £1 per mile, do away with 'the surge' and vastly increase work levels.

Last edited:

Sowf off da river

I think euro 6 diesel/euro petrol under 70g for ulez and 20 miles electric is for congestion discount. I get confused
It’s ulez exempt if diesel after 2016 (euro 6)
And euro 4 for hybrids.
For cc exemption it’s minimum 20 miles running on zero emissions and less than 70g at all other times.
So basically you need to get phev or electric and be shafted.
I’m happy in my lux diesel suv. Won’t even go into Town. No uber and happy life.

Sowf off da river

I don't work central unless I end up there and have to - quite happy in the suburbs and quite happy with what i earn from uber and my own stuff .
And my driving abilities are quite adequate thanks
Like you get to choose where you go on uber right.
Who you kidding. Driving 1 pax in a van on flat rate.
Can it get more ridiculous lmao

Repoman58

I don't get to chose no but generally most of my journeys in this area are in the area or local boroughs - if they go in , set destination and head out if it's a morning .
4 of the 6 airports I did on uber on Sunday were only solo riders - should I refuse to have taken them?

Why are you so sour ? Why should it even bother you bearing in mind you're a big shot home trader?
Did uber touch you in the wrong places when you were younger ?