Inshur

CC AutoPay Dispute 18:21

deesto

I’m disputing an entry that they claim I entered into CC. But their entry says I made this at 18:21, well outside 18:00 cutoff.

For what it’s worth, check and dispute any AutoPay transactions with wrong timestamps before they are debited, or every so often?

(There’s an option to do it online on the web portal)

Fostel

In the first week of CC, I had 4 payments and 3 of them were after 6 pm!

I disputed them for a test only as they ask you to provide evidence...
That's nuts as they are the ones that have to produce a piece of evidence to support the charge.

Awaiting a reply as they claim they will answer within 10 working days. I already paid for them.

I see more of them coming after 6 pm in the following weeks.

Last edited:

ash0707

I write it down the day first time I enter in CC. They are trying the same shit like Uber just to rip us off. It was Uber before and now TfL as well.

ash0707

I’m disputing an entry that they claim I entered into CC. But their entry says I made this at 18:21, well outside 18:00 cutoff.

For what it’s worth, check and dispute any AutoPay transactions with wrong timestamps before they are debited, or every so often?

(There’s an option to do it online on the web portal)
I checked my timings on TfL account. The time they mention was different from the time I enter first in cc zone on that day. So double check if you have enter in CC zone on that day before at any time etc.

UberLuxbod

I checked my timings on TfL account. The time they mention was different from the time I enter first in cc zone on that day. So double check if you have enter in CC zone on that day before at any time etc.
The CC system doesn't miss vehicles, thats why they send you 5 images of your vehicle entering.

They are charging you for the specific journey in the pictures.

Its like giving you a speeding fine when the footage shows you doing less than the speed limit.

Jack Barclay

Picture isn’t in the boundary so doesn’t show entry

If this is the only picture this doesn’t prove you entered before deadline, just shows you in it past deadline.

What route were you driving ?

ash0707

Picture isn’t in the boundary so doesn’t show entry

If this is the only picture this doesn’t prove you entered before deadline, just shows you in it past deadline.

What route were you driving ?
I checked mine and it didn’t show the boundary and place or road where I entered into CC zone. It showed me totally different road but inside CC zone. So I checked my bookings/work, I entered on that day in CC zone and I also have written the day I enter first time in zone.
So from this I can understand it don’t have to be entry point into cc zone. It can be anywhere.

deesto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just for clarity I’m contesting mine. But I know full well I was in the zone BEFORE the timestamp they say. So technically they are right and so should pay.

But it’s like another poster comments, if that’s the only evidence they have and it is after the curfew, then no evidence I was there before, and I should not pay.

They don’t know which journey I did. The camera photo is not time stamped either.

Awaiting reply also.
Post automatically merged:

Unlikely.

The system provides pictures as proof that a charge must be paid.

If the pictures show you entering after chargeable times then it proves you don't have to pay surely?
My thinking exactly! So this is why I’m pursuing this one in particular. I’ve screenshot my portal time entry they have listed also. If they ask for evidence, that will follow next on my reply :wink:!

UberLuxbod

I checked mine and it didn’t show the boundary and place or road where I entered into CC zone. It showed me totally different road but inside CC zone. So I checked my bookings/work, I entered on that day in CC zone and I also have written the day I enter first time in zone.
So from this I can understand it don’t have to be entry point into cc zone. It can be anywhere.
There has always been cameras all over the CC zone.

But you must have grounds to appeal if all they have is a picture of you in the CC Zone after the chargeable period ends?

All they have is proof that you were definately in there after the CC stopped for the day.

But they need proof that you entered when it was still in force.

Fostel

In the first week of CC, I had 4 payments and 3 of them were after 6 pm!

I disputed them for a test only as they ask you to provide evidence...
That's nuts as they are the ones that have to produce a piece of evidence to support the charge.

Awaiting a reply as they claim they will answer within 10 working days. I already paid for them.

I see more of them coming after 6 pm in the following weeks.
They did not reply and surely 10 working days past.
Now I record every entry after 6 pm with a screenshot of a tracking app as proof and at least on my evidence, there are date and time!
So annoying we can't trust them and need to go back and check every single entry.

TFL business as usual!
No date/ time stamp at all...
Selection_168.png

I know someone who has been done at two hospitals on the ANPR......

They received a letter showing them entering and then a photo of them leaving and sent a fine.......but the driver maintains she DID NOT stay beyond the drop off and pick up tolerance levels on the signage displayed......after appealing with a well worded letter she received a reply wiping out the pcn WITHOUT explanation or apology......

In short this has now been passed on quietly behind the scenes to a woman who is very well connected at a chambers in town.....it seems this old ploy is most lucrative and targeted because most persons 40 and over are disproportionately likely to pay.

Criminal proceedings are not off the table too and the trusts involved are obviously implicated by this obscene money spinner.........watch this space.

Fostel

UPDATE
TFL's reply
Thank you for your enquiry received on 2 May 2019, about usage on your Auto Pay service.
I can confirm that the inclusion of a Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) / British Summer Time (BST) reference given as part
of the capture time data on evidential records has led some customers to dispute whether or not the image of their
vehicle has been captured within the zone during the correct charging hours.
The Capture Time field currently incorporates either a '+00.00' or ' +01:00' inserted after the time of capture as a
reference to the time being either GMT (+00:00) or BST (+01:00).
The issue is that for BST records (+01:00), the capture time itself has already been amended so as to provide the data
in BST format.
Your vehicle was therefore captured at 17:21:51 on 9 April 2019, we have issued a copy of the
evidential record under separate cover.
We hope this clarifies your query.
If you have any questions, please visit tfl.gov.uk/congestioncharge or call us on 0343 222 2222 (or Textphone 0207
649 9123 if you have impaired hearing).
Yours sincerely
TfL response - Ref[678710]A.png

deesto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The issue is that for BST records (+01:00), the capture time itself has already been amended so as to provide the data
in BST format.”

What a load of nonsense? There’s nothing of the sort on my screenshot. I’d say that applies to you as well. I’d say do reply and contest again? By the way, they are not saying their time stamp is in Zulu GMT time. But that their time has already been amended. So the time shown is time taken, which is still outside the curfew times.