• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Caught Uber cheating this morning!

Dennis53

This morning I had a regular I had to pick and take to the airport. My app was on, I was not signed in. No surge pricing anywhere in the Akron area at 6 am. I signed in, my passenger turned on his app about 2 minutes after mine. Uber notified him his ride was 2x because of shortage of drivers. This while he is sitting in my car! He asked if I would take him to the airport for cash, Absolutely!! Screw Uber - they were cheating the rider, me or both! I don't feel the least bit guilty for accepting cash ride!!

Mitch J.

This morning I had a regular I had to pick and take to the airport. My app was on, I was not signed in. No surge pricing anywhere in the Akron area at 6 am. I signed in, my passenger turned on his app about 2 minutes after mine. Uber notified him his ride was 2x because of shortage of drivers. This while he is sitting in my car! He asked if I would take him to the airport for cash, Absolutely!! Screw Uber - they were cheating the rider, me or both! I don't feel the least bit guilty for accepting cash ride!!
There you go. So you just admitted of driving someone to the airport without the proper insurance. I could be wrong (pardon me if I am) but I’m assuming that you don’t have Livery Insurance. Livery insurance means you can drive people around for “Profit”. You’re “Basic Liability Insurance” does not cover you if you drive people for profit. In my eyes you just shot yourself in your own foot. Keep on trucking ya Jolly ‘Ol Chap. Uber On.

wicked

Mitch J he was driving his friend and his friend pitched in gas money. Can you be a little more creative? :p

nouberipo

um that is how it works now.....most fares at busy times are surging but uber keeps the surge.....rainstorms, rush hours, events, etc. are all major surge times for the passengers but it is not passed onto the drivers. in other words people, based on the miles time bs, are now literally paying uber to drive paxoles around

Michael - Cleveland

Welcome to The Forum! You did not catch Uber cheating or doing anything unusual.

First, the driver app is always lagging behind the rider app in showing pricing and surge. It's just the nature of the system. If had you accepted the ride and the rider was paying a 2 x surge, and it was a long enough ride, you would have seen an adjustment in your earnings to provide you a portion of that surge fare. The only time you don't see that, is if it is a short ride.

So as already noted by another user, you took a ride that not only was not covered by insurance but was also against both state law and Uber policy, and quite possibly you made less doing it that way.