caught in shootout on Manchester E of 3rd- Arco Station - got got greedy for cheap petrol

How much are you driving now that it is 10-19$ avg in LA?

• as much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • less

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • ill take whatever rides I can get in the time I have allotted

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • cherrypicker

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

betterhavemyuber

8 shots where pinging off the staton as I am driving out.
I saw the 2 guys on the receiving end of running off like it was a game- I thought I was going to be jacked- that close so I peeled out- THANK GOD THE STREETS WERE EMPTY - we gotta be essential and are blessed to be- but we have to be safe and you HAVE TO STAY OFF MANCHESTER
we do a very very dangerous job.
My suggestion is stay away from dangerous places: WE ALL KNOW THEM

I never would have said that before simply because until the Nat'l guard is deployed
Granted #Inglewood is most violent toward the east side where I was -
but noone will care when I die-
You all have a family

So stay safe

Last edited:

Lil'Lyftie

Not following the local news any more, so wasn't aware you got caught up in a car hijacking attempt. Can't comment on that, but will say that I've never much served the area bounded by USC, 405 to the West, 605 to the East, and, well Torrance (western part of Carson) to the South. Alas, now that you're lucky to find yourself any ride, I must say that this last week getting frequent calls in that area have completely changed my perception of what it is like driving there. I had a school principal (an amazing black woman who inspired me for the rest of that day), a tattooed black girl who turned out to be the most considerate and sweet person west of Queen Elizabeth's Greenwhich observatory, and a Hispanic line cook who taught me that even though he made minimum wage that day, you still tip another working stiff a couple dollars (when the rich white biatches wont).
Don't know about you, but if the apocalypse strikes, I start to think I may be better off with kind like-minded folks southwest of Malibu.

betterhavemyuber

I wasnt attempted anything
i was in crossfire
Post automatically merged:

Not following the local news any more, so wasn't aware you got caught up in a car hijacking attempt. Can't comment on that, but will say that I've never much served the area bounded by USC, 405 to the West, 605 to the East, and, well Torrance (western part of Carson) to the South. Alas, now that you're lucky to find yourself any ride, I must say that this last week getting frequent calls in that area have completely changed my perception of what it is like driving there. I had a school principal (an amazing black woman who inspired me for the rest of that day), a tattooed black girl who turned out to be the most considerate and sweet person west of Queen Elizabeth's Greenwhich observatory, and a Hispanic line cook who taught me that even though he made minimum wage that day, you still tip another working stiff a couple dollars (when the rich white biatches wont).
Don't know about you, but if the apocalypse strikes, I start to think I may be better off with kind like-minded folks southwest of Malibu.
I had an amazing black girl a few times if you know what i mean.... pretty sure you dont

Lil'Lyftie

I wasnt attempted anything
i was in crossfire
Post automatically merged:

I had an amazing black girl a few times if you know what i mean.... pretty sure you dont
I actually do. But I keep it professional. Notch one for my grandma. And that lecture about character.

uberist

I saw the 2 guys on the receiving end of running off like it was a game- I thought I was going to be jacked- that close so I peeled out- THANK GOD THE STREETS WERE EMPTY - we gotta be essential and are blessed to be- but we have to be safe and you HAVE TO STAY OFF MANCHESTER

I never would have said that before simply because until the Nat'l guard is deployed
You all have a family

So stay safe
The people who recieve your organs will care, and they will love you and be grateful for the rest of their lives.

Theres always a briteside.

TobiasBruckner

You all have a family

So stay safe

Glad you’re good.

runneo

d098695c506eceb6b58f2c147ff6eefa.jpg

EphLux

Its OK to drive those areas. However, my Debit card was recently skimmed at a gas station in South Central. I usually try to avoid gas stations down there tho.