• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cats & Dogs

Maven

Are you willing to transport cats or dogs with their accompanying owner? Not talking about service animals. If so, do you insist on any special conditions? Do you say something to the owner before ?

Ever had an animal have an "accident" in your car? If so, what happened?

What is the weirdest animal you ever transported?

SEAL Team 5

What is the weirdest animal you ever transported?
A creature that was about 4'9" and weighed right around 260#. Damn thing was mumbling bumbling and grumbling sounds that I had no idea what they meant. Their hair looked like a drowned rat. And the poor animal couldn't even sit upright for 2 seconds without falling over.
When I got home I looked this creature up online and the closest I could equate this to was a typical drunken bar fly.

Frontier Guy

I've taken 3 or 4 people with non-service animal dogs and one cat. The cat was in a kennel and partially sedated, we were heading to the airport. Since I have a dog, I'm not likely to turn someone away, but I have chastised people and told them in the future they should call their driver and let them know, as not everyone is as understanding and accepting.

SuzeCB

I'm in a rental car. Animals other than service animals are not allowed, unless they are fully crated. This is Enterprise's rule, not mine, however I might keep it if I get my own vehicle to use for Uber. I love animals, but I aknowledge that there are a lot of people out there who do not train their animals properly. If you doubt this look at the way that they train their kids. I don't want to deal with it.

Fishchris

I'd rather take dogs than pax. Animals never give me any shit. Never give me a 1 star. Never ask to go through a drive through.

Took a girl and ger cockapoo to the vets a couple days ago. It had hurt its foot. Hope its okay.

Love dogs :smiles:

Fuzzyelvis

I'm in a rental car. Animals other than service animals are not allowed, unless they are fully crated. This is Enterprise's rule, not mine, however I might keep it if I get my own vehicle to use for Uber. I love animals, but I aknowledge that there are a lot of people out there who do not train their animals properly. If you doubt this look at the way that they train their kids. I don't want to deal with it.
How would enterprise ever know if it was a pet dog? They can't ask any more questions than we can about service animals.

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How would enterprise ever know if it was a pet dog? They can't ask any more questions than we can about service animals.
Enterprise, and most other rental car companies, does not need to ask if it was a pet dog or a service animal. They only care about damage to the rental car. If there is obvious damage found during the post-return inspection then you will be charged. Good luck disputing that charge with the excuse that it was caused by a service animal. They will not care.

RaleighUber

Are you willing to transport cats or dogs with their accompanying owner? Not talking about service animals. If so, do you insist on any special conditions? Do you say something to the owner before ?
My conditions:
Must contact me ahead of time to discuss. If they ask at the door, answer is no.
Must be daytime. At night hard to see how dirty the animal is.
Must be caged or leashed. No animal roaming the vehicle or getting on seats.
Must be late in a drive session or non-allergenic animal (allergies, pet hair, smell, etc)

Dog lover, but driving is about cash!

Fishchris

Again, i never seem to have any of the negative scenarios with pets happen to me.

I say it over and over, by far the biggest problem with Uber is the lousy pay....

Not pets.

SuzeCB

I did not think that Uber allowed the use of rental cars by drivers, only long term leases. Maybe that's changed along with allowing non-violent criminal drivers.
Was at your attempt at hurting my feelings? You'll have to try a bit harder than that. :wink:

That being said, to answer your question, Uber has had a deal with Enterprise from at least March of last year, when they began a promotion whereby if you rented through their deal with Enterprise and completed 75 trips a week, they would pay $215 as a reimbursement for your rental fee each week. What this meant was that I got to drive my passengers and myself around in a brand new car for less than $20 a week.

Now that the promotion was ended at the beginning of this year, this has gotten substantially more expensive for me so I plan to be purchasing my own vehicle quite soon, using the money that I saved throughout the promotion.

Happy ubering!

Imagine you are foolish enough to accept a pool ride where the passenger brings a pet with them. You allow them into the vehicle. Now you are further foolish enough to accept a second Rider on the pool ride. This Rider is not happy about having to share the vehicle with an animal. Through conversation between the two Riders, the animal - less Rider finds out that the animal in question is a pet. They complain to Uber. Since you are, in this scenario, in an Enterprise rental, Uber may or may not report the situation to Enterprise. Either company may or may not decide to terminate the rental agreement for breach of contract.

Would they actually do it? I don't know. I don't care. I don't plan on trying to find out.

Fishchris

Was at your attempt at hurting my feelings? You'll have to try a bit harder than that. :wink:

That being said, to answer your question, Uber has had a deal with Enterprise from at least March of last year, when they began a promotion whereby if you rented through their deal with Enterprise and completed 75 trips a week, they would pay $215 as a reimbursement for your rental fee each week. What this meant was that I got to drive my passengers and myself around in a brand new car for less than $20 a week.

Now that the promotion was ended at the beginning of this year, this has gotten substantially more expensive for me so I plan to be purchasing my own vehicle quite soon, using the money that I saved throughout the promotion.

Happy ubering!

Imagine you are foolish enough to accept a pool ride where the passenger brings a pet with them. You allow them into the vehicle. Now you are further foolish enough to accept a second Rider on the pool ride. This Rider is not happy about having to share the vehicle with an animal. Through conversation between the two Riders, the animal - less Rider finds out that the animal in question is a pet. They complain to Uber. Since you are, in this scenario, in an Enterprise rental, Uber may or may not report the situation to Enterprise. Either company may or may not decide to terminate the rental agreement for breach of contract.

Would they actually do it? I don't know. I don't care. I don't plan on trying to find out.
Wait.....

Imagine you are fool enough to accept a pool ride.....

Coachman

I love my four-legged passengers!

Once while transporting Fifi and her owner to the airport the owner suddenly panicked that Fifi wouldn't be permitted on the flight to Australia and asked if I'd mind driving Fifi home alone. :smiles: I didn't hang out to find out whether Fifi was allowed on the flight.