@casualehaberdasher - In Memorium

TwoFiddyMile

Bison and I were both native Bostonians. That's a powerful common ground for bonding. Massholes may greet each other with a middle finger, but when the chips are down (like the marathon bombers), beantown natives come together like a militia.
Bison was oldschool Boston, like me.
He represented a culture that was great, and is mostly gone.
He also drove an actual cab somewhere back in the Paleolithic era.
Oh the stories.
Bison, may there ever be a booth available in the Naked Eye in the Sky for you.

UberCemetery

From one Craft Beer Drinker to Another. This one is for you sir. -- RIP --

KekeLo

Many people here knew @CasualeHaberdasher and his iconic Bison Avatar. He was a prolific contributor to this forum so his sudden and unexpected departure was troubling.

In hindsight, I suppose I knew but wanted to keep him alive in spirit. The Bison shared with me his true identity. Sadly, I must report that PJ passed away about a year ago.

I never met him, but we were kindred souls. Fair winds and following seas old friend. I'll miss you.

Oh, no, he was my good friend:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

RIP:frown:

He was a good Dude...

Yes, he was. I loved him a lot.:frown:

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Bison and I were both native Bostonians. That's a powerful common ground for bonding. Massholes may greet each other with a middle finger, but when the chips are down (like the marathon bombers), beantown natives come together like a militia.
Bison was oldschool Boston, like me.
He represented a culture that was great, and is mostly gone.
He also drove an actual cab somewhere back in the Paleolithic era.
Oh the stories.
Bison, may there ever be a booth available in the Naked Eye in the Sky for you.
Oh man, he was the definition of "old school", and in all the best ways! I think he's the guy driving the brontasaurus at the mine on the Flintstones opening reel. I could be wrong about that though. If it wasn't actually him, then he was that guys cousin or something.
And Massholes, omfg taking me back bro.
Best man at my wedding was from Baahston Mass. Richie "Big D", 100% Italian Stallion and 150% Grade A Masshole to the core. He was probably president of his local Massholes United Chapter. But if you hadda pick one guy to be in your foxhole, he was the one.

tohunt4me

Many people here knew @CasualeHaberdasher and his iconic Bison Avatar. He was a prolific contributor to this forum so his sudden and unexpected departure was troubling.

In hindsight, I suppose I knew but wanted to keep him alive in spirit. The Bison shared with me his true identity. Sadly, I must report that PJ passed away about a year ago.

I never met him, but we were kindred souls. Fair winds and following seas old friend. I'll miss you.
I had sneaking suspicions of the Bisons demise
I Feared that was what had happened,to disappear so suddenly and completely.

Such a shame it took us a year to verify.
Yet,it speaks well of his presence ,that his brothers still seek him out after a year.

Thanks for your efforts and for sharing the results.

I was hoping he had won the lottery and moved to an island resort . . .

Paul J. Hanley Jr.

1954 - 2016 Obituary Condolences

Paul J. "P.J." Hanley Jr. of Marco Island, Fla., and Scituate, passed away suddenly of a heart attack Sunday, May 15, 2016. P.J. was the former husband and best friend of Carol Sullivan-Hanley of Scituate.He leaves a brother, Michael Hanley; and a cousin, Steven Hanley. P.J. grew up in Milton. He was a proud graduate of Milton Academy, class of 1972. He also attended Tulane and Northeastern Universities. He spent most of his career in sales and he was the proprietor of Keltic Enterprises. He will be fondly remembered for his quick wit, excellent cooking skills and dedication to good friends. A memorial service is planned for August 28, 2016. (which would have been his 62nd birthday) at the First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church in Scituate at 11 a.m. Friends and family are invited. In lieu of flowers, please feel free to make a donation to any animal rescue organization of your choosing or to Milton Academy. Richardson-Gaffey Funeral Home www.richardsongaffeyfuneralhome.com 781-545-0196

Published in The Scituate Mariner from June 18 to June 30, 2016- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/wi...tuary.aspx?pid=180370815#sthash.DmxPEWhF.dpuf
Thanks for the picture & the copy of his notice !
He just looks like a happy guy ,doesn't he ?
Well,now his " secret family" of Uber drivers are informed also.
Small memorials will be held in his memory ,wherever Uber Drivers gather .
Perhaps we could have a Memorial wall ?
All of us will be gone one day . . .

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

I had sneaking suspicions of the Bisons demise
I Feared that was what had happened,to disappear so suddenly and completely.

Such a shame it took us a year to verify.
Yet,it speaks well of his presence ,that his brothers still seek him out after a year.

Thanks for your efforts and for sharing the results.

I was hoping he had won the lottery and moved to an island resort . . .

Thanks for the picture & the copy of his notice !
He just looks like a happy guy ,doesn't he ?
Well,now his " secret family" of Uber drivers are informed also.
Small memorials will be held in his memory ,wherever Uber Drivers gather .
Perhaps we could have a Memorial wall ?
All of us will be gone one day . . .
"I was hoping he had won the lottery and moved to an island resort . . ."

Thanks tohunt4me, Same here...I choose to believe this for way longer than was realistic. But I think letting a little time pass helped. May 15th 2017 will be the one year of his passing. Not sure how to do a memorial wall...But if anyone deserves such it was PJ. If you ever had the privilege to talk with him he IS a terrific guy.

Wow we have a confirmed Kalee siting! Thanks for dropping by kiddo, Bison was a fan of your work here!!

Kalee

I've wondered for quite awhile where he's been. I even sent him a private message through here last July, asking him where he's been and told him we miss seeing him and reading his eclectic posts.
I guess I know now why he never replied. So very very sad. He really was a great contributor with the most unique writing style. I have missed him.

Thank you for all of the good you brought to this site, Mr Hanley aka "CasualeHaberdasher".

You are an Uberpeople.net legend.

RIP, my friend.