Casual Drive 14mi Away...

mizzrock

Hey all, I guess I learned my lesson about pings 20min away!!!!!!! :mad:

In San Francisco market on the outskirts (East Bay) there's the rich areas in the mountains and the flat areas that are for commoners. I live in the cusp of both (the point of me saying that is I usually get far away pings from inner suburbs like Walnut Creek or such so I'm usually willing to go) and was in Berkeley and got a ping 20min away 14mi but it's along the bart line and barts closed so me having the Andrew Garfield hero complex I went hoping for something juicy as I was $12 away from my goal of the day (something told me to send a text to confirm but I didn't) then when I arrive it's deserted and another car probably uber shows up (I was Lyft) and I call but they say they never ordered anything I'm LIVID due to it being 2am and I missed the 2am surge back in Berkeley.

So moral of my complaint: this job is bullshit. :smiles:

aparks330

i feel like that was an innocent thing tho. i mean its not your fault they "never" ordered anything. i think the moral of the story is to swing them a text like you said and confirm.

Uber Kraus

I don't work nights anymore but when I did I always called to "confirm the pickup address". If no answer I cancel. If I don't like the tone of voice I cancelled. Etc...

Raider

Damn I have never gone more than 7 minutes to pick anyone up. That is my cutoff pick up, 7 minutes or 3 miles. Don't take these calls next time

aparks330

about how many rides do you have to cancel for it to really mess with your percentage though? i worry about not accepting pings that are maybe 10 minutes away. unless im a wuss.

Uber Kraus

about how many rides do you have to cancel for it to really mess with your percentage though? i worry about not accepting pings that are maybe 10 minutes away. unless im a wuss.
As soon as I stopped caring about my acceptance rating and driver rating I started making more money and having a lot more fun in control. Good luck