Yulli Yung

Has anyone ever seen Cash Tip on uber??

Attachments

• IMG_0068.PNG
    IMG_0068.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 133

Trafficat

Strange.

Pax will probably say they gave a cash tip when they did not and then ask for a refund that comes out of our pay.

Trafficat

Man, you are reaching here .... for $1????? Not likely
Not that particular passenger.

Later you'll get a pax that will "tip $10 cash" on their $5 ride, and then demand a refund... meaning you pay the pax $5 for the trip. It'll probably be the latest pax scam on drivers.

BornToBeGuilty

I noticed that today too. I think it's just a matter of their phrasing. It's confusing as hell. Had to go and check my statement to make sure the math was right and I wasn't getting ripped off by uber.

Ask for a refund on a cash tip? How would that work? Only way I see them refunding a tip was one charged on their card in which case you just lose the tip and not the fare.

Mars Troll Number 4

I noticed that today too. I think it's just a matter of their phrasing. It's confusing as hell. Had to go and check my statement to make sure the math was right and I wasn't getting ripped off by uber.

Ask for a refund on a cash tip? How would that work? Only way I see them refunding a tip was one charged on their card in which case you just lose the tip and not the fare.

I'ved had uber customers report to the CSR that they paid me cash (that i assumed was a tip) and then gotten the entire payment through uber refunded.

It's happened.. it will happen...

That's all there is to it.

Cableguynoe

Has anyone ever seen Cash Tip on uber??
Probably a stupid question because how the hell would UBER know, but did you receive any cash tips?
Newer version of the app refers to tips received in the app as "cash"
I don't think this is right.
Clearly says she got a dollar tip.
Then has cash received and even a picture of cash.
Doesn't make sense for that to refer to in-app tips

Laino

I have the same cash tip on my statement. I've contacted the support and here what they replied:

Apologies for the confusion, Kon. Allow me to help.

Having checked, it appears that this was an error. No worries, this will not affect your earnings. Just ignore the message. We're looking into resolving this.

I hope this clarifies, Kon.

surlywynch

I don't think this is right.
Clearly says she got a dollar tip.
Then has cash received and even a picture of cash.
Doesn't make sense for that to refer to in-app tips
IDK, all I can confirm is there is a little green dollar icon, with an amount listed that is the same as my in-app tips I have received. Not sure what is showing in your market.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170910-090424.png
    Screenshot_20170910-090424.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 75

Friendly Jack

Poor terminology by Uber, I think. By "cash tip" they may be trying to say that this amount is not subject to Uber fees? Just guessing.