• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cash out or Weekly

Mikeoftulsa

I cash out everyday when I'm done driving.

I'd rather spend a buck and ensure my money is in my bank rather than in the hands of Uber/Lyft waiting to be "adjusted."
Usually cash out when I'm done driving and right before 4am (for some reason that is the time that they try to direct deposit any funds i have in my account)

SFOspeedracer

I just want my money to be out of the hands of Uber and Lyft ASAP.

Feeding the dragon, or keeping it from biting me in my ass. It's all just a matter of perspective.

For those in Calfornia, beware, because if AB5 passes, your ability to cash out instantly will almost certainly go away. I hope you like getting paid on the 1st and 15th.
Could not of said it better. Has nothing to do if you’re part time or do this as your only income source like I’m reading. Their backlog proof of unnecessary “adjustments” is enough for me to not let them have it sit there for a week. Only U/L falls under this, for obvious greedy reasons. Anything else I think I’d rather have weekly or biweekly.

25rides7daysaweek

Hey New Driver here and I wanted to know what is preferred when it comes to you pay. Do you prefer to cash out daily or weekly?
If anyone calls you on the phone and says they are from uber wanting you to cancel a ride. Dont give them any info. They are trying to rob you. Drive to the pickup location and start the trip. Yol get paid a d will have robbed them.... I cash out both uber and lyft daily. To debit cards btw..

New2This

I've had many issues with Uber and the rates I get paid.

I've never had any issues with them paying what they said I was supposed to get.

Not being a dick here but if you are so cash-strapped you need to cash out daily, or multiple times a day, Uber/Lyft aren't the problem.

itendstonight

I've had many issues with Uber and the rates I get paid.

I've never had any issues with them paying what they said I was supposed to get.

Not being a dick here but if you are so cash-strapped you need to cash out daily, or multiple times a day, Uber/Lyft aren't the problem.
May you or a loved one never fall ill and rack up unbelievable medical bills .. the number one reason for personal bankruptcy in America!

New2This

May you or a loved one never fall ill and rack up unbelievable medical bills .. the number one reason for personal bankruptcy in America!
I know. I'm just saying if someone is having to cash out to get gas to drive people around to get money to cash out to get gas to drive people around ad infinitum they have other issues. Uber/Lyft are a symptom not the cause.

I'm not trying to make fun of anyone's situation. I've been broke before believe me.

I cash out every Sunday (I only dive Fridays and Saturdays). This way, if there are any adjustments to my fare etc., I can always see it clearly and remember to fight it.

Matt Uterak

Instant pay is a feature designed to trap drivers and provide another small revenue stream to Uber/Lyft.

I’d you can’t plan based around a weekly paycheck, you need to revaluate how money management skills.

There are exceptions to this rule, but

Jay Dean

In the years driving, since I haven’t had my act together these companies probably made a couple hundred off me cashing out, ridiculous to think about now..just wait for direct deposit, it’s laced with nothing but regret. If I drive again it will be the very LAST thing I will do.

Gtown Driver

I only do it part time now, so instant pay is much better for paying small bills and getting eating money.

When I was doing fulltime weekly pay already felt plenty great compared to every 2 weeks on Friday. Hated always feeling poor until Friday with regular W2 jobs.